Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding conditions sitrep please: Hebden Bridge and/or Ladybower
  • Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I know there’s plenty of time for the weather to change before weekend but any reports greatly appreciated.
    Will be riding Sunday.

First choise would be Calder-tech but I’m guessing the descents might be a bit snow-choked at the moment.

Alternatively, considering a play around Ladybower/HopeX/etc. Is Cavedale all snow & ice at the moment?

Thanks in advance.

thepodge
    Free Member

Not sure about Cavedale but the rest of the Peak is still very much thick snow

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

cheers podge

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Depends where you are near Hebden. The valleys are melting fast, but the tops are still quite snow covered.

You really need to look at the forecast though as that could really alter any plans for Sunday.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Cheers FunkyDunc,
    Any idea if the Hep’ side of the valley is ridable yet? (Pecket Well, Midget’s Pit, BP, Stanny’s, etc)

I assume all the cheeky descents around the Pike will be snowed up?

unstableJ
    Free Member

Looking at the forecast I’d stay at home in front of the fire if I was you.

We managed an impressive 9 miles in 2 hours yesterday on the edge of the Peak, there’s a fair bit of snow out there and with more snow forecast tomorrow followed by heavy rain and a thaw Saturday through to Sunday I’d written this weekend off for riding…

If you fancy going out for the “experience”, have fun 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding conditions sitrep please: Hebden Bridge and/or Ladybower’ is closed to new replies.