Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding Cardigan/Aberystwyth
  • wooobob

I’m going to Wales (specifically, staying in a place called Llanrhystud) for a week in August. Taking bike is not an option (flying with family), but I’d like to get out for a half day or two. Road or t’other, either good for me 😀

Does anyone have any good ideas for places to ride and/or folk from whom I could hire a bike? I guess Aberystwyth might be the best place to start for bike hire. And I’m sure there’s some good riding, either on the coast or inland. Won’t be back that way for the forseeable, don’t want to miss out!

Ta.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

theres a cracking trail centre (well trail centre is a term id use loosely) just outside aberystywth…im pretty sure you can hire and also it will have all the riding you can dream of and then some! 🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

Machynlleth is about half an hour north of Aber.

Holey Trail in Mach should be able to sort you out with a hire bike and point you towards the Cli-Mach-X; probably your best bet if you only have half a day to spare.

http://www.theholeytrail.co.uk/

Dave

alfabus
    Free Member

@Oscillate Wildly

You mean Nant yr Arian… cracking trails, but no bike hire there.. you could probably hire from Summit in Aber, but I haven’t been there for a while so not sure if they hire at the moment.

Someone will be along shortly to fill in the blanks.

Dave

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

alfabus – Member

@Oscillate Wildly

You mean Nant yr Arian… cracking trails, but no bike hire there.. you could probably hire from Summit in Aber, but I haven’t been there for a while so not sure if they hire at the moment.

Someone will be along shortly to fill in the blanks.

Dave

thats the one! cracking riding up there!

wooobob

Thanks, Nant yr Arian looks good. I’ll be on mbwales.com for the rest of the day 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding Cardigan/Aberystwyth’ is closed to new replies.