Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Riding around Shrewsbury
  • timpol
    Free Member

I’m off to Shrewsbury over New Years and was wondering if anywhere was holding up
    particularly well in this weather? I’ve ridden Eastridge and Hopton, loved both, any suggestions? Ideally looking for places within an hour.

poonprice
    Free Member

Llandegla for smooth and fun trail centre action or Wyre Forest for XC ride in the mud.

matther01
    Free Member

Long mynd….bit exposed though?

mrhoppy

It’ll all be filthy but there’s fun to be had for a couple of hours in Haughmond or Nesscliffe both are within a couple of minutes drive or rideable depending in where you are exactly. Long Mynd is soggy but rideable at the moment. Degla is about an hour and always rideable.

Might be about if you want to have a spin depending upon exactly when you’re about.

timpol
    Free Member

Cheers mrhoppy, bit unsure of times etc at the moment. Thanks for the info.

iain1775
    Free Member

The Wrekin?

project
    Free Member

The Berwyns around chirk and Oswetry

mrhoppy

My emails in my profile, should be back some point on Saturday.

Speshpaul

“Riding around Shrewsbury” was the question and you answer with

“Llandegla for smooth and fun trail centre action or Wyre Forest for XC ride in the mud. “

Oh dear me.

Tim
    You’ve not mentioned the Long Mynd, so i’d recommend that, it will be pretty firm compared with everywhere else, call in to Church Stretton call in at Plush Hills bike shop and get a route off Al & Kate.
    If my on going snot fest clears i’ll be out and about nearer the weekend, email in profile.
    cheers paul

walleater

Unless global warming has changed the Shire much in the last few years, I’d choose the Mynd too. Might be busy with walkers over Christmas, and expect to wrap up warm as it’s pretty exposed up there but it makes a change from riding in the woods all the time.

I know that peeps have been doing trail work at Eastridge so might be worth going there again depending what has been done and when the OP last went there.

poonprice
    Free Member

Oh dear me.

it was just an option, the op said.

any suggestions? Ideally looking for places within an hour.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Riding around Shrewsbury’ is closed to new replies.