Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Riding around puddles (mini rant)
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

my dog goes round puddles too ! does that make him a twonk ??? 😈

philconsequence
    Free Member

if i can see the bottom or know the route well enough to (hopefully) assume correctly that its not going to be 4ft deep and swimming with crocs… i’ll ride through and use it as an opportunity to clean the tyres.

if i dont know the trail or it looks like there might be crocs i’ll ride around it, but i try and ride so i’m riding in the side of the puddle (a couple of inches deep) so i’m still in the puddle but not making it wider.

a mate bunny hops into every puddle and i’ve swallowed so much puddle water from his antics that he’s close to loosing a riding buddy haha

amodicumofgnar

I ride through my local puddles because I know whats in there, sometimes round and sometimes through ones I find on other rides. Depends on how much 4wd use it looks like they get or the state of the walls / trees beside them incase it gives any clue as to whats lurking. Nothing puts a downer on a ride like a tank trap bath.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What’s all this about ‘erosion’?

I mean, I appreciate that we should all be respectful to nature and that, cause as little damage as possible etc, but I’m just curious as to what real damage riding round a puddle actually does?

amodicumofgnar

Depends on how many people do it. Before the re-build the lower part of Cut Gate was getting ridden upto 30m off the main bridleway line.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Riding around puddles (mini rant)’ is closed to new replies.