Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • riding around Louth, Lincs.
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Off to a weekend house house party at Brackenborough Hall nr Louth this weekend. I may have a few hours free so thinking of taking a bike, thinking about the road bike due to the distinct lack of lumpy terrain in the area.
    Where’s good to ride to/around?

shifter
    Free Member

There is mtb stuff, LAMB will help you out. I don’t do road but but there’s plenty of rolling lanes round there, I’d head Caistor way on if it was me.

ji
    Free Member

LAMB – http://www.louthnet.com/LAMB I am away this weekend, but post up on the Sunday thread and join a ride, or ask for suggestions. There is some reasonable stuff around, but you probably need some guidance to find it and link the sections together.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Thanks folks!

jono84
    Free Member

think im about on the mtb this weekend depends how work treats me, couple of road rides about too, louth velo meet up at the market place at half9 or louth tri club also set off at 10 from the meridian I think,both can be found on facebook theres plenty of good mtbing to be had tho as shifter said it tends to get a bit lumpier towards caistor , theres also a yorkshire and lincolnshire cycling community about ….also on fb who tend to be more grimsby based

stu170
    Free Member

Bit of a bump for this thread. Im I louth chap myself

matt_outandabout

Is it not like this? 😉

stu170
    Free Member

Cant see louth there.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

It was very flat and extremely wet! Pottered around for about 25miles before admitting to myself that i was soaked through and not really enjoying myself.
    Would be nice to go back when its sunny though.

ji
    Free Member

The wolds aren’t flat although the highest hill is only about 170m above sea level. You can get quite a bit of climbing in if you go the right route.

shifter
    Free Member

It was a soggy weekend, I’m impressed you rode at all. Must’ve gone east if you didn’t find ANY hills 🙂

benji
    Free Member

Should have headed onto the wolds, it’s not been the driest few days round here. If you are coming this way again pop another thread up, few of us could go for a ride round the more interesting bits.

Horncastle it’s better than Louth 😛

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘riding around Louth, Lincs.’ is closed to new replies.