Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Riding around Arundel?
  • TimS
    Free Member

Hi,
    Is there any decent riding near Arundel? I’m at a loose end on Sunday morning (and will be near Arundel) so I’m looking for route suggestions, or someone looking for a riding buddy.
    Cheers,
    Tim

enveetee
    Free Member

Tim

Get yourself up onto the SDW and head East in the morning so you’ll have the West breeze behind you on your return. Or go to Brighton via Devils Dyke to the East.

It’ll be hot and busy…

Nigel

dave360

Ride up to Whiteways / Houghton Forest and just explore.

Paceman
    Free Member

Head up the hill to Whiteways and into Houghton Woods, lots of singletrack to be found 😀

Just hook up with some local riders, there are usually plenty about, particularly with the weather forecast this weekend…

Google maps link… http://g.co/maps/fyypk

EDIT: Dave360… you beat me to it 😉

Taff
    Free Member

Yeah a fair few bits around there. Pretty sure I have an mbr route for near there I believe it’s Slindon so you’ve got quite a good selection around there

bigsi
    Free Member

enveetee – He said decent not sleep inducing 😉

Whiteways is your best bet.

Park in the bikers car park at the top of bury hill and head in to the forest behind the cafe.

Loads of decent stuff to keep you amused for a few hours & its not too big an area so you’ll never really be more than a few miles from the car at most 😉

singletrackmind

I ‘might’ be around sunday . Are you mobile ie car . and willing to drive a little ways ?
    I have a couple of different rolling xc loops from Kingly or the aforementinied whiteways
    Depends what you are lookin for ( snigle / miles / DH , how long you have got time wise , and if you are going to rip my legs off!
    Whiteways or Kingly Vale best bet , or Stanmer if you have time .

TimS
    Free Member

Thanks Chaps.
    I had a quick peek at the OS map of Houghton Woods, and there seem to be plenty of trails, but very little in the way of bridleways? I’m guessing cheeky trails? 😀

singletrackmind

not really cheeky trails as such . Its open woodland with many little sections of singletrack that join up with fireroads

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Riding around Arundel?’ is closed to new replies.