Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • riders near Bakewell wanted……..
  • bikerbruce
    Free Member

hi all,
    me and my mate are currently working on some new xc trails in bakewell woods (above the golf course).
    im looking for some riders to ride them in so they flow .etc. they are being built using some new routes and old exsisting ones and will make a loop around using the bridleway and some road .
    They are in the style of the new xc courses from the national points series races ie.rock drop step offs,fast flowing descents,steep climbs and flat sections.
    so baisically i just need to finish them off then get a group of riders to wear the berms in etc.
    so anyone who fancies just post up ……
    thanks
    Bruce
    local trail builder 🙂

Pook

ooh ooh me me

bikerbruce
    Free Member

thats 1 wahoo!!!

Pook

I am more than the sum of my parts. If that makes sense.

amodicumofgnar

How'd you manage to get permission for these then?

hp_source

I'm not that local (about an hours drive away) but would happily test pilot it for you if times/dates are good.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

count me in – are you bruce who used to live in cressbrook?

bikerbruce
    Free Member

no but no of him….i may have stumbled across the ground..happening to clear things out of the way etc….all of it is natural and i have replanted bushed and covered over any digging so it cannot be seen unless you know where your going.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

email me at robjackson@hotmail.co.uk please with location, am keen!!!

amodicumofgnar

From what I remember the owners / tennants of the woods arent that pro bike.

18bikes

I'd be interested in knowing more please

info@18bikes.co.uk

Ta,
    Si

tails
    Free Member

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Hi,

Love to give them a go but always ride at odd times due to everybody else's timetable in my family taking priority over mine. So probably wouldn't make a group riding session.

Can you do a GPS map of the trails and email them or just directions if easy enough to follow.

Cheers

TNH
    Free Member

Bruce – I was up there last weekend in the woods, think it's a great idea. Happy to come along and test if you need a hand. Drop me a line if you like thomasnhyde@gmail.com

the-muffin-man

Hi Bruce – I hope you've got permission to start going digging up and re-profiling the trails there. Apart from the small bridlepath that goes over the end of the golf course near the old station, all the trails in that part of the wood are cheeky variety. I'm not sure if its the Chatsworth or Haddon Estate that own that bit, but as oldagedpredator say's neither are exactly pro-bike!

bikerbruce
    Free Member

well I have only done some light management…so if there is a problem i will do no more…i'm trying to get local kids and riders involved,I also have used natural techniques,to move things i have replanted bushes i have cut off and have actually cleared the bridleways so you can ride along without being with out being hit in the face.There by doing the work of the owners for free,i'm thinking since i have not made jumps or dug up irresponsibley………
    so there
    Bruce(local interested young rider )

bikerbruce
    Free Member

its haddon estate managed

amodicumofgnar

Bruce, drop Si at 18bikes a line about the ridethepeak trail repair dig days, if you want to get out and do a bit of fettling on bridleways we kind of have the a more 'official' structure to do it. Unfortunately tonights task has been cancelled due to bad weather otherwise we could have harnessed your enthusiasm straight away.

the-muffin-man

Bruce – I'm not a 'Thou must never ride cheeky trails' evangelist, I've ridden those woods many times – I just know from experience in my local woods how these things can cause massive amounts of ill feeling towards mountain bikers when trails start getting modified, and especially when new trails have been built.

Those woods may not look managed to you, but they will carefully managed to suit the landowners needs (to provide cover for loads of pheasants they can shoot probably!).

so there 😉

bikerbruce
    Free Member

i no they are lightly managed…i have had stuff to do with local shoots so know a bit about that.
    I also have done a full reckee to see where the pheasants are….today i actually took up raisins and put them down for the them.
    im not trying to incite anger and with the givern response will stop 🙁
    so goes the saying
    "life a bitch and then you die….."
    Bruce

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Bruce.
    Certainly interested, email in profile.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

anything doing here

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘riders near Bakewell wanted……..’ is closed to new replies.