Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rider & forum contributor down, Gloucestershire.
  • qwerty
    Free Member

It is with great sympathy that i need to inform you that on 20th December 2015, local MTB rider & forum contributor Peter Starkiss passed away whilst out riding his MTB across Minchinhampton Common, near to Tom Longs Post.

I only became aware when by chance i bumped into Luke from Black8 Bikes in Noahs, just before Christmas.

I first met Peter via the forum after i moved into the Stroud valleys in 2011, he’d arranged a forum ride in the FoD, one which he couldn’t then participate in due to recovering from ill health. Over the summer of 2015, i got to ride with him more frequently on Black8 Bikes Wednesday evening rides, which always finished at The Britannia, Nailsworth where Peter was partial to a pint & a half before returning to his home in Nailsworth. Peter came across as a strong supporter of his local bike shop (Black8), had a great knowledge of the local trails, he seemed to be content with his work life balance and genuinely seemed like a nice pleasant guy.

I believe he leaves behind his wife and several (adult) children.

I believe that Luke may plan a memorial ride of some kind, i’m not sure when, ending at a pub with a pint & a half. Express your interest here and i can pass it Lukes way (or contact him direct).

I’m sure some of you will have communicated with Peter via the forum or met him via the forum (most recently on Tangs Cotswold #Jenn ride) & may not be aware of his passing, and that didn’t seem correct, hence me posting this thread.

Qwerty / Martin

Stoner
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Qwerty.
    Always sad to hear of a long-standing member moving on.
    Ride in memory.

IHN

Never met him, but knew him as a local from here. Very sad, RIP.

Houns

RIP always seemed a good guy on here

Drac

RIP and ride the trails on the other side.

jambalaya
    Free Member

RIP, thanks for sharing

soobalias
    Free Member

Happy trails dude.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Very sad news, RIP and condolences to the family and friends.

tang
    Free Member

RIP Peter. Lovely bloke who really loved the trails round this way.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Sad news indeed. I saw about this in the News and Journal, didn’t catch a name though and didn’t think it would be someone from the forum. RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rider & forum contributor down, Gloucestershire.’ is closed to new replies.