Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ride tomorrow
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Off to see me Mum tomorrow as I’ve not seen her for over a week. Currently there is 2-3 Cm of snow on the street.
    Missus is using the car and motorbike is tucked up safely. Now it’s only 10 miles but it’s either Road which although a main road gets quite snowy due to it being in the hills or I can go off road round the reservoirs.

Do I use the CX bike my full suss or the missus’s Hardtail. Road in the snow before but nervous as it’s been a while

xyeti
    Free Member

CX Bike, then you can do a mixture of both, Which is exactly what i use mine for, went out on the road on mine earlier to get the miles in and the hedge bottoms were frozen, some of the run off crossing the roads were slush.

No snow till tonight, Now a couple of inches.

butcher

Snow isn’t too bad. Fairly predictable. It’s the ice you need to watch out for.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

See how it is in the morning. If it carries on snowing till the morning and doesn’t freeze over it shouldn’t be too bad.
    Mtb is more expensive so don’t want throw it down the road but I’m not quite as confident on the cx as iam on the mtb.

Junkyard
    Free Member

MTB
    Its got more grip
    its easier to dismount
    the crash will happen at a lower speed

breadcrumb

^ I concur.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ride tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.