• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ride suggestions for the South East
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Will be around the Hemel Hempstead area over the weekend. Has anyone got any route suggestions or ideas for somewhere worth taking a trip to for some biking? Maybe 2 hours max drive from Hemel?

I was thinking possibly the Chilterns or Bracknell? Has anyone got any .gpx files to make navigation easier?

jedi

what riding you into?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Was looking for a 3-4 hour xc/trailsy route. Something fun so wanting some singletrack, fast descents, a few rocks maybe. Used to the Peaks/Lakes/Wales/Yorkshire…

I've been to Epping before – could I create a route round there lasting 3-4 hours or so? Not exactly rocky I know….

jedi

woburn is bone dry at the mo. there are a few routes on gps knocking aroun di belive

giantjason
    Free Member

everywhere throughout the chilterns is dry but we are due a heavy spell of rain over the weekend which will turn all the trails back into a mud bath.

there is lots of good riding not far from Henley although not up to the peaks standard.

allthepies
    Free Member

>a few rocks maybe

Ah!

qwerty
    Free Member

i popped up to Epping this afternoon – the trails next to the Kings Head pub are underwater – i've never seen it like that – i think the pond isn't draining – the rest is as you'd expect – drying but with the regular deep muddy puddle

br
    Free Member

Rather than driving, take the canal across to Tring Station, BW northwards and then eventually towards the Beacon. Cycle-trail to Ashridge cafe. Through Ashridge across the top to the HH side of Berkhamstead. Drop down to the canal and home.

Or up onto the Wiggington side and the follow down the Cholsbury BW and take various routes along the South side of the A41 eventually dropping down onto the canal near McD's. And then home.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

br – I've yet to get the map, roughly how far is what you suggest?

br
    Free Member

Google 'where is the path', and you can trace the route.

But you could make 40 miles out of it if you wanted, or 25 miles if you didn't. Easy miles too along the canal.

But if you fancy something better, email me and I'll copy you a route we did last week down near the M40 (about 40 mins from HH), 3-3.5 hours.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ride suggestions for the South East’ is closed to new replies.