• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by U31.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ride Snacks on iDave's eating thingy?
  • 29erKeith
    Free Member

What sort of snacks for riding pass iDaves plan rules
    I couldn’t think of any, bar a boiled egg!
    probably been done to death but I’ve been away for 4 months and have missed all the chat about it and I can’t find anything on the search

I’m giving it a go after putting on a few lbs after eating our Breakfast lunch and dinner for almost 4 months

iDave
    Free Member

if you’re riding you can include simple carbs. i use dried fruit, nuts, haribo, chocolate

ianpinder
    Free Member

I eat nuts

ton

anything protein based will be fine………….. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Including ‘energy products’ ie bars/gels?

iDave
    Free Member

yes, if you must waste money on commercial ‘sugar’ products 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

🙂

Talking of nuts.. really weird thing happened to me many many years ago on my first ever 100+ mile ride. Took all day riding from Cardiff to Aberystwyth. I had way not enough water – I’d bought a few drinks on the way but still was incredibly thirsty and very very knackered due to underfuelling. I had some sandwiches and some sweets, but despite being incredibly thirsty the only thing I could manage to eat was salted nuts – the last thing you’d think. Made me feel a lot better too.

theotherjonv

sounds like electrolyte depletion as a result of sweating out. I’m a firm believer in your body telling you what vitamins / minerals it needs. Some days I have strong urges for milk for example, but normally I go for days or weeks without any bar splashes in tea and coffee.

molgrips
    Free Member

Is sweat not the same electrolyte composition as your body?

29erKeith
    Free Member

oh great
    I hadn’t thought of nuts,k don’t know why, I do usually eat them on Ultra marathons as it happens 🙄

Didn’t think dried fruits, haribo, chocolate or energy gels/bars would be on the ok list though.

thanks all

U31
    Free Member

I carry those seed bars made by 9Bar..
    http://www.9-bar.co.uk/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ride Snacks on iDave's eating thingy?’ is closed to new replies.