Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ride in the lakes
  • bavariangaz
    Free Member

After an easyish ride in the lakes, around 20 miles. Not ridden much the past few months due to an injured elbow and work but have next week completely free.
    Don’t mind where in the lakes, somewhere with good views. Any suggestions?? Will be heading up from the midlands… And praying for some sunshine!!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Staveley loops – easy to get to, lowish altitude but some good views. Askin wheelbase for a trail map – but don’t buy anything from them – they’re evil

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wer’e going over on Saturday & my question is….Garburn Pass, Which way, from Moor Howe to Kentmere or the other way?

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Down to kentmere without a shadow of a doubt. Stavely, dubbs, up garburn, down into kentmere.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

The descent to Kentmere is rocky and fairly techy, the descent to Troutbeck still has the odd moment but has been heavily sanitised. Take your pick…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Cheers thanks. My plan is, Staveley/Ings/Dubb Road/Garburn Pass/Kentmere. Sadgill via Stile End/down Long Sleddale on the BW next to the river, heading west to Green Quarter over Sleddale Forest & back down the BW to Park House/Staveley.
    What do you Lakes lads reckon?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

sounds good to me, done that a few times and it’s a good ride. you could take the bridleway next to kentmere church back to Staveley to finish if you fancy one last climb at the end.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Cheers Ivan, It’s either that one or a ‘Tour de Coniston’, which is further to travel to.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ride in the lakes’ is closed to new replies.