• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jeb.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • ride in Scania or South Sweden (anybody interested or could advice)
  • wlody
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m planning 3-4 days route in south Sweden (May 25th – 28th). I’m going with my 13 years old son. We are from Poland.

We would like to ride through the coast closest as possible to the sea and see some interesting places. The plan is to ride up to 150 – max 200km (about 50km per day). We would like to sleep in tent or campings.
    We are thinking about south Scania (Ystad, Trelleborg) or Karlskrone – as ferries from Poland arrives there.
    Thus I’ve to alternatives:
    – south Scania
    – Karlskrone

Tha initial route for Scania would be Ystad – Ales Stenar – Trelleborg – Malmo – Trelleborg
    The alternative route for Karslkrone.

Does anybody ride or live in Scania or near Karlskrone and could advice something.
    Maybe somebody rode in both regions and could compare it and point me some intetresting places?

I’m also looking for someone who would be interested to ride there together with us. To ride and have fun. Maybe you know some forums where we can find some guys to ride together. Or some local bike enthusiast forums where we can meet somebody and ride together on one day trip near?

Do you know any interesting places that we can see on the road.

What about routes – is it safe to ride through swedish roads – I’ve heard that swedish drivers are careful and are paying attention to the cyclists. Are there any special regulations or principles in Sweden and Denmark regarding to bikes?

Do you know if there are some interesting routes near the sea line – maybe some cliffs where we should ride and see?

What about accomodations? Can we pitch a tent for free – I’ve heard that it is legal to pitch a tent for free in any place more than 200 meters from buildings.

Maybe someone could point me some swedish bike forums (in english) that I could learn something about mentioned routes, interesting places, security on the roads and accomodations.

mick_r

We are also interested in going to that region sometime. Previously been a bit further north. In general Sweden is a great place for biking with kids.

There was a good thread on here last year with some helpful locals:-
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sweden-as-a-summer-holiday-destination

This bike shop also sounds helpful and does some guiding.
    http://www.ridgecycling.com/mtb-tours.html

Let me know how you get on! (email in profile).

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi wlody, ,I was until recently living in Göteborg but have now moved to the frozen wastes of the north. As a general point Sweden is extremely cycle friendly and safe, with excellent cycletracks that are maintained to a high standard.

You can camp basically where you want yes. Its called allemansrätten (all mans right) and is very ingrained in society so just leave no trace and you’ll be fine.

Happymtb is a swedish mtb forum which has turtips

http://happyride.se/turtips/ but is mainly offroad focussed. I would perhaps put a message up on the forum there and some people will help, it’s be fine in English. Otherwise i would look up the kommun (county) which you are going to, then google the corresponding cykelklubb (cycle club, easy isnt it!) and ask them for tips.

If you get the weather, it’s beautiful down there and you are in for a treat.

Martin

jeb

Turtips

There you go!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ride in Scania or South Sweden (anybody interested or could advice)’ is closed to new replies.