Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Ricky Gervais – all mouth and no trousers
  • KonaTC

Happy to sit at home taking the pi$$ out of others and turn down a request from Prince Harry to perform in Afghanistan – ­admitting he was too scared to do army gig.

May have just some some fans, well at least one.

ton

about as funny as the black death…………….. 8)

chakaping
    Free Member

Doesn't alter my opinion of him at all.

Already thought he was an irritating twerp.

nickc

Not just me that doesn't find him funny then?

Drac

About as funny as Will Ferrel well maybe less so.

Certainly only has one act.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The office was a funny programme at the time, the rest of his stuff is pretty poor

ton

will ferrel is shyterer…………. 8)

binners

Yeah. I always think an awful lot less of people who express a purely logical interest in self-preservation too. Tossers!

jon1973
    Free Member

Loved The Office and Extras but never been much a fan of him as a stand up comedian. But then again, he should reserve the right not to go to Afghanistan if he doesn't want to.

all mouth and no trousers

What does that mean? has he said he would in the past?

ton

the office would have been funny whoever played brent……………..
    gervais is a coCk

petrieboy

he bought me and my mate drinks in the pleasance courtyard years ago so he's a top bloke. fact.

jon1973
    Free Member

the office would have been funny whoever played brent……………..

He did write it with Steve Merchant though, so he is responsible for it being funny anyway.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Gervais = thrush.

U31
    Free Member

Slightly funnier then Peter Kay, but only just….

Id rather stick rusty pins in my eyes then pay to watch either of em

woody2000

Turning it around, how many of the naysayers would go to Afghanistan for work if asked?

Ton – you don't count 😉

Ed2001
    Free Member

Don't worry I'm sure Jim Davidson will be happy to take the gig. He's patriotic and dead funny too 😕

khani
    Free Member

I wouldn't go either, bloody dangerous place
    Allthough I agree he's shit, about as funny as piles, your own' not somebody elses, (which are always funny)

retro83
    Free Member

I think he's funny.

The podcast with Ricky, Steve and Karl is good – if a little repetitive. (As an aside I can't wait for 'An Idiot Abroad'!)

Drac

I didn't find The Office even slightly amusing. Yeah I know I'm one of a few or maybe I just happy to admit it and that maybe I just didn't get it.

CaptJon
    Free Member

What he actually said:

So that's the end of the UK leg of the tour. Back to America next to do more dates and record my second HBO special.

Hammersmith was great. It's easily the best live show I've ever recorded. (I know, I know, you'll be the judge of that.)

Had a drink after the show with Chris Martin and Prince Harry. As you do.

Harry was trying to persuade me to come to Afghanistan to perform to the troops. I said I was too scared. He said I could do Basra which was the safest place. Yeh, the safest place out of all the other places in a war zone. I pointed out that when I walk round Hampstead, I make sure I don't accidentally wander into Belsize Park by mistake.

I take risks with my comedy, not my vital organs.

I said I'd think about it.

On the day of the gig he wound me up by sending me a text saying that he was bringing his gran. I was obviously a bit panicked. She would definitely not have enjoyed the show.

At the after-show he got me to sign a beer mat for her. "To Liz II, Cheers! Ricky Gervais" (true)

I will be checking ebay all week in case she is making money off me. I can't help but think that her signing a beer mat to me would be worth slightly more.

radoggair
    Free Member

well i think he's funny, the office was hilarious, extras was great and his stand up's are brilliant. His films have been a let down IMO but overall he's been brilliant for british comedy.

Its good to hear all the negatives from most people, so lets have it guys, who do you think is funny??

surfer
    Free Member

I think his standup is hilarious

tron
    Free Member

I quite liked the Office, more cringey than laughy, and some of Gervaise's stuff on the 11 O'clock stuff was good. Not at all fussed about his stand up.

I really don't think going to do a gig in Afghanistan is going to be that risky – how many planes fly in and out of the place? Shedloads. Lads get blown up on patrol and journos occasionally get kidnapped, but I reckon you'd be about as safe as it's possible to be as a celeb doing a gig out there – they've got to think it's pretty safe to risk a few thousand troops all in one building at once.

As for who's good; Rich Hall, Dara O'Briain, Reginald D Hunter, Kevin Bridges.

kimbers

the office is hilarious and extras was good too

(i also think phoenix nights was **** genius)

maybe he was scared, maybe he was busy, maybe he doesnt support the war
    as above i dont think id take a job offer there!

ive met him in a fetish club and he was actually a bit of a tit and i got the feeling his date was a hooker
    make of that what you will!

U31
    Free Member

i also think phoenix nights was **** genius

I'm also an unfunny fat **** from Bolton, surround me with world class comedic talent and script writers and more likely as not i'd produce something bordering on comedy genius…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Just isn't funny, much like that over hyped waste of a pasty James Corden

tron
    Free Member

ive met him in a fetish club

You've now planted the image of Ricky Gervais wearing rubber and leather into my mind. Not pleasant.

jon1973
    Free Member

When it comes to writing James Corden is brilliant. I do get a bit bored of seeing him on TV as a 'celebraty' but he was great in Gavin & Stacey.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I can't stand James Corden and his stupid fat head.

Loved the Office and Extra's, never seen Ricky Gervais live but I can understand why he wouldn't want to go to Afghanistan and entertain the troops.

nockmeister
    Free Member

Gervais's radio show is brilliant…i think he is a knobber, but his laff is too fookin infectious!

geoffj

I'm also an unfunny fat **** from Bolton

That makes 3 of us…….at least. 😆

Moses

Well, I'd certainly turn down a chance to work in Afghanistan.
    Especially as I'm going to a soldier's funeral tomorrow.
    I don't see what the OP's problem is.

TrentSteel
    Free Member

Thought he was ok until I saw one of his shows where he "ironically" made jokes about terminal kids for over 20 minutes; having a very sick baby myself just makes me think what a **** he is.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Whatever part he plays, he's always the same d1ckhead. I don't find him funny either. More like an idiot who struck lucky.

ton

i like bernard manning 8)

Inbred456
    Free Member

He's not acting in The Office, he's just playing himself. He's the sort of person I just wouldn't tire of hitting!

jon1973
    Free Member

i like bernard manning

Yes, I love his turkey drumsticks.

Sawyer
    Free Member

Ricky Gervais is genuinely funny, Extras is amazingly good, rewatched it all recently. Likewise The Office.

Spongebob
    Free Member

I don't get Ricki Gervais humour. The Americans like him though.

djglover
    Free Member

The podcast and audiobooks with Karl are amazingly funny, IMO, I know they are a little contrived but still make me LOL a lot.

The standup and the office are OK, extras is crap.

I don't blame him for not going, I wouldn't

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Ricky Gervais – all mouth and no trousers’ is closed to new replies.