Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Richmond Park to Newlands Corner
  • Simons
    Free Member

A few friends of mine are going for a walk on Saturday at Newlands Corner and I thought of being a bit strange and cycle there.

Ive been looking for cycle routes and unfortunately had no luck to find anything useful in particular..

Any thoughts of the best way how to get there?

Any comments would be good, I never cycled that direction before

Cheers
    Simon

joemarshall
    Free Member

If you have an ton of time, you can go Thames Path to Weybridge, then canal path to Guildford (and then cycle up the road to Newlands Corner). Might be a bit fishermen / walker crowded in parts though.

If you don’t, I’m not sure, although I would’t bother with the A3!

joolsburger
    Free Member

richmond park – hampton court – esher – cobham – downside – ockham – newlands maybe 20 miles or so

Doh1Nut

If you google Kingston Wheelers they have some bikeroutetoaster routes their site that should give you some pointers

Nick

Doh1Nut

something like this
    here

atlaz
    Free Member

I’d do Richmond Park -> Kingston -> Hampton Court -> Esher -> Cobham -> Effingham Junction -> A246 past East Clandon then ride up the hill to Newlands Corner.

Edit – More or less the routes above then 😛

atlaz
    Free Member

Actually, if you’re in Richmond park, cross the river in Richmond and go along that bank otherwise you’re in for some pavement riding or the Kingston one-way system.

Simons
    Free Member

Cheers guys, will put the route on them map on Sunday and will let you know how was it

piha
    Free Member

As per JoeM says you can go Thames Path to Weybridge, then Wey Navigation Path to Guildford.

Then ride through Guildford town centre following the WNP, past the White House pub, cross 3 small bridges until you get to a wooden footbridge over the River Wey, cross over the bridge then cycle over the sports fields, cross the main road (A281 Shalford Road) and cycle up Pilgrims Way until a tight left hand bend.

Turn right into Northdown Lane following the bridleway signs. This will take you up a steep climb onto Pewley Down. Ride along the top of Pewley Down then take the BW on the right (just after the wooden bench) that follows the fence line down the hill and follow that all the way to the bottom of the hill where it crosses a B.W.

Go straight across (through the woods) and follow this until you get to Halfpenny Lane, straight across here following the North Downs Way, over St Marthas Hill. Cross Guildford Lane and get on the Pilgrims Way B.W and follow that until you get to Water Lane byway. Climb this and your at Newlands Corner.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Richmond Park to Newlands Corner’ is closed to new replies.