Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Richer Sounds
  • Spud

Any good? Looking at TVs.

seanodav
    Free Member

very good but would consider john lewis 1st to get there 5 year warranty, they also price match

snaps
    Free Member

Yep, priced matched anyone when I bought my Panasonic plasma in early 2008 & insisted on removing it from the box to check it was perfect before I left the shop.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Good for prices. Not so good to work for I hear.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

used to be a little haven of genuine audio expertise

I’m getting old.

kimbers

spun me the biggest load of bullsh!t about hdmi cables when i bought my tv there, but id still use them again

grantway
    Free Member

Great shop and great service
    Always recommened these and most the time are cheaper
    If you want an extended warranty its 10 % of the value of the product

martymac

used them a couple of times for hifi bits, i wouldnt hesitate to recommend them.

coffeeking
    Free Member

One in liverpool is spot on, never BS’d or tried to sell you un-necessary items, still go there whenever I return.

Not so keen on the one in Glasgow, it’s a bit small and they don’t have a listening/watching room and seem a bit “rushed” but they did do everything they could to try different formats on the TVs we were looking at (BR,DVD,freeview etc) and stood and talked us through the differences for abou 20 mins, so can’t complain at all about the staff.

marcus7
    Free Member

Just bought a dvd player and dab radio, was as usual a weird experience in that they were very helpful but not what i would call friendly. more kind of clinical but sorted me with what i asked for ie cheap stuff that works, i’ve always used them where i can and like that you are likely to end up with what you need rather that what you think you need.

skiboy
    Free Member

very good, have had plenty from them in the past, manager once tried to talk me out of buying a more expensive, Arcam idock and tried to sell me the cheaper Denon dock which was half the price, i wanted the Arcam he told me it was no better just the name really, still took it away with me anyway, but honesty in sales is a rare beast, thumbs up for them

cynic-al
    Free Member

Must depend on shop. Got a tv for a god price, 5yr warranty was 10%

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If John Lewis wasn’t just as easy for me, I’d buy from RS. Their warranty is good value too compared to anyone else.

Basil

Bought another tv from RS in Hull today. Best price including internet search. Best warranty by far – £30 for five years, anything goes wrong they pick up and sort and supply a loaner.
    Salesman was an ultra nerd. Just what I want, good technical advice.

MrOvershoot

coffeeking – Member

One in liverpool is spot on, never BS’d or tried to sell you un-necessary items, still go there whenever I return.
    +1
    Bought a fair bit of kit from them over the years just because I have never been made to feel like I have to buy something after many trips & tests of equipment that I couldn’t afford.

Harry_the_Spider

Bought a load of gear from Richer’s in Prestwich. TV, AV Amp, smaller CD/Tuner and 7 speakers in one hit. They gave me a discount before I even asked.

Top stuff.

Cougar

Dunno if they still do it, but last time I bought gear from Richer, if you bought the extended warranty and never needed to use it they’d refund it when it ran out.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Richer Sounds’ is closed to new replies.