Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ribble Sportive Special Edition 2015
  • j5kol
    Free Member

Ribble have released a special edition road bike today which comes in at a very appealing £899. This includes a really nice looking carbon frame and majority 105 groupset. What are your thoughts on the spec as I am seriously considering purchasing one.

The 2015 Sportive Racing is our very latest carbon bike using Toray T700/T800 carbon offering the perfect blend of position, comfort and speed, making this frame equally suitable for sportives or amateur road racing.

At the front of the frame we have again increased the head tube size in proportion to the frame size giving a very comfortable position. The head tube and fork are now asymmetric 1 1/8″ to 1.5″ which offers very precise smooth steering. At the back of the frame we have increased the size of the wishbone seat stay which increases the responsiveness and stiffness of the frame making the frame accelerate as soon as you get out of the saddle. Our new tubing profile moves away from the traditional round profile to a more square profile increasing stiffness where you need it most at the bottom bracket and head tube. The bottom bracket is a press fit design which increases the power transfer from pedals to rear wheel.

This one goes to 11
    – 11 Speed Shimano 5800 STI Shifters, Front Derailleur, Rear Derailleur, Cassette and Chain.
    – Ribble Press Fit Bottom Bracket
    – Shimano RS500 (11 Speed) Compact Chainset, 172.5 34/50.
    – Tektro R540 Brakeset
    – Shimano 11 Speed RS11 Wheelset

Onzadog
    Free Member

I thought the frame looked really nice but very quickly started to think I’d rather pay a bit more for a better spec.

mikey74
    Free Member

Doh!!

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Doh!!

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah, I saw that just as I clicked post.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ribble Sportive Special Edition 2015’ is closed to new replies.