Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ribble sportive carbon.
  • teamyeti
    Free Member

Thinking of buying one of these, any opinions would be appreciated, also anybody in the west yorks area got one i could have a look at/test ride, or for sale, thanks in advance.

AB
    Free Member

Have read quite a few reviews on them and by all accounts they seem great bikes.

Supposed to be light, stiff yet more comfortable than an average carbon frame due to the more relaxed sportive geometry – longer wheel base, slacker head angle etc.

The condition of the roads these days would lead me to buy a more relaxed/sportive type bike, than an out and out racer.

fbk
    Free Member

How's about a search of the forum – some very big threads on this topic recently???

spacecadett
    Free Member

I have recently ordered one, they bikes are excellent value. However, the customer service I have recevied from Ribble Cycles has been shocking. I needed my Sportive for a trip to the Alps (going tomorrow). When I ordered the bike in late July, I was assured the frame was in stock and I would definately have the bike by the 1st of September. I went to collect the bike on the 1st and the frame is not in stock and won't be for a couple of weeks.

I am now out of pocket as I need to hire a road bike for my trip and Ribble are not replying to any of my emails. All in all, very, very poor service. Also, as I ordered my bike through Cycle Scheme, I cannot even cancel my order. If you Google Ribble Cycles / Sportive Racing, a lot of cycling forum threads tell a similar story.

scaredypants

Whole styling of the bike is a bit too subtle for me – I mean, how's anyone going to know what it is ?

tragically1969
    Free Member

I have recently ordered one, they bikes are excellent value. However, the customer service I have recevied from Ribble Cycles has been shocking

You pays your money you takes your chance !!

Ribble have NEVER had a reputation for giving any level of customer service

cheers_drive

To balance spacecadetts post (which I sypathise with): I had heard bad things about Ribble too but took a punt. At the time they XL frame was in stock but no forks, I rang up and I was told the next shipment of frames and forks would be in stock the following Tuesday and they also answered a few other questions. The following Tuesday they came into stock and 1 week later I had the frame and forks 🙂
    With the Sportive I think the problem is they can't keep up with the demand.
    People also have a go at J E James customer service but again they have been good for me and answered emails and phone calls (although not always first time).
    I guess I've been lucky

david_r
    Free Member

I've recently ordered a new bike from Ribble.

I shall never purchase anything from Ribble again, due to the manner in which their customer service responds…when they do respond that is.

If you want it, buy it; but do not expect any 'customer service' after you've parted with your credit card details.

Wish I'd done a search before parting with my money.

AndyP
    Free Member

I've had nothing but excellent service from them over many years…

mavisto
    Free Member

They did in the 80's when it was a proper bike shop that made their own frames.

I'm always disappointed when I go in the shop for something having seen in on the website and they don't have one.

Whatever you do, don't expect the bike to be delivered when they say it will be. I've had 3 friends buy Ribble bikes, and although they are great bikes, the minimum delay was a month. One guy had to wait 3 and in the end he went to the warehouse to pick it up.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I had excellent service from them when I bought my bike there.

mugsys_m8

I have often heard Dave Hinde and Ribble mentioned in the same sentence.
    I have never bought a bike or frame form them, only components, and have not had a problem. Not the speediest though, i.e. only use Ribble if significantly cheaper than wiggle or crc etc/ have an item that CRC/ wiggle etc don't.

mugsys_m8

I have often heard Dave Hinde and Ribble mentioned in the same sentence.
    I have never bought a bike or frame form them, only components, and have not had a problem. Not the speediest though, i.e. only use Ribble if significantly cheaper than wiggle or crc etc/ have an item that CRC/ wiggle etc don't.

MoreCashThanDash

Just got my third Ribble audax bike – took longer than I'd like to arrive, but matched the delivery times they were quoting when I ordered it, so can't complain – and it's brilliant value for money.

Customer service this time was excellent – a whole string of emails querying spec and compatability were answered within a few hours.

Yes, there bikes take a few weeks to arrive, but they tell you that in the blurb. And I've always found them really quick when I've ordered components. And they were the only bike shop I could find on line stocking P clips for my pannier rack last month.

Mind you, I've used Dave Hinde twice and never had a problem….

foxyrider
    Free Member

I bought a sportive carbon frame 3 weeks ago – d.t. stock levels I miseed the boat. Was posted last friday though and all emails they responded to within 1-2 hours. Can't complain myself about Ribble.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ribble sportive carbon.’ is closed to new replies.