Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ribble Framesets. Are they Good ?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Want to build my own road/commute winter bike. I have a set of Avis2 road wheels off my specialized tarmac that aren’t being used and would like a second bike for work winter use mainly.

I’ve been looking for a frameset on eBay for ages and ribble seems to be the answer if they are decent frames. Stiff and light.

kilo

The blue Ribble winter /training alu frame has had a good rep for a number of year,see plenty of them out and about I think the only down is they may be a bit tight with over 23mm tyres. I have a carbon ribble and an alloy tt frame both have been fine and the service from ribble bang on

superdan

I’m liking my steel “winter trainer” frame, built it up as a general dark side bike, been comfy over longer lakes rides (50miles+), and seems fast (set a 24 minute 10 mile TT time on it on my first TT ride). I am a bit of a sucker for the thin tubes, deep rims look. The fit and finish on the frame is impressive given the price.

[/url]1394467_10151681551952136_1307027805_n by Super Dan, on Flickr[/img]

therevokid
    Free Member

The blue alloy winter/audax frame has a markedly short headtube … Mine
    was nice other than the 55mm of spacers needed 🙂

The-Beard

I have the steel winter bike, I like it. It’s taken a lot of abuse over the past 18 months or so. I commute on it daily along rural roads in Scotland and so far so good. Though it’s components that suffer more than frames. It’s comfy enough, does take a little buzz out the road and the handling is nice. Heavy, but that doesn’t really matter for a winter bike/commuter. Don’t think the finish on it is all that great, got a fair few paint chips. It will take 25mm tyres but not much wider, certainly not with guards.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Not really relevant as a commuter but I bought a Ribble Carbon Sportive Racing back in 2009 or 10. Never had any issues with it, lovely bike to ride and I only wish I could get out on it more.

My only criticism at the time was that it was difficult to contact them to find out when the bike might be arriving.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ribble Framesets. Are they Good ?’ is closed to new replies.