Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Revs or Pikes ? Speccing a new trail bike…(Probably an Orange 5).
  • rustler
    Free Member

Looking at getting a FS again after a few years on hardtails.
    The Orange 5 “S” looks the likely candidate.
    Always fancied one, & like it’s single pivot design etc, as want to use year round.
    Warranty/back-up looks good too.
    Not a fan of leaving the ground or anything daft, mixed use really, long days/night rides.

Anyhow, looking at the options list at forks. Std spec is the Rev 140mm RL, but can upgrade to a Pike RCT3 for £270…worth it ?

Also, can add a Reverb for £270, but not sure if I’d warrant it. I had an older Gravity Dropper a few years back but just found it a faff to use.

Any opinions…thanks.

pugster007
    Free Member

I would say yes to the Pike upgrade, but buy your own Reverb.

I have Pikes on my Five, they are supple, stiff and reliable.

Shop around and you can get a Reverb for a lot less than £270.

dang100
    Free Member

reverbs are on offer at crc for 209€ so about 180 quid

matther01
    Free Member

Pikes are far stiffer and better IMO. As above…spec your own reverb for much less if you need one

br
    Free Member

Pikes barely weigh anymore, so you may as well.

Also, can add a Reverb for £270, but not sure if I’d warrant it. I had an older Gravity Dropper a few years back but just found it a faff to use.

Surely not having a dropper is a faff?

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Just spent the day in the Quantocks, me on Pikes and my friend on Revs and I’d say there’s very little in it. Both are great forks, light and stiff with ace control. However I liked the security of the Pikes stiffness when clattering down through the roots n mud.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Revs or Pikes ? Speccing a new trail bike…(Probably an Orange 5).’ is closed to new replies.