Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Revolution bike park, how hard compared to [other places of your choice]
  • sideshow
    Free Member

Thinking of giving rev a go – can anyone name some other trails for comparison?

Ideally if someone here has ridden both, how do blacks there compare to black trails at bike park wales? (not counting optional gap jumps on either)? GBU at Forest of Dean? Black 8 at Les Arcs?

Following the video on pinkbike recently they were talking about building more red runs at revolution, but according to the rev website they only have half a red run so far – is marketing getting ahead of itself there or is the website out of date?

oldtalent
    Free Member

In the wet, very hard, steep & slippy. I would only ride it on a DH bike. I’m sure others will be along to say its fine on a rigid singlespeed..
    Actually I dont think the features were as big as the bpw blacks, there were lines around everything if you didnt want to do them. Just steeper.
    It was epic fun! Preferable to stiniog I think being so natural.

sideshow
    Free Member

Anyone else? oldtalent is it still worth a look even if you end up riding around most stuff?

riklegge

I would say revolution is significantly harder than BPW. I agree with oldtalent that Rev is more natural in feel and steeper. In particular the purple line on the far right is very steep and technical.

The easiest line (and most “trail-centre like”) at Rev is good fun, swoopy with some (avoidable) gap jumps. I would say this is similar to a BPW red / easier black.

The more natural lines are steeper and more technical, still good fun but more similar in difficulty to Antur Stiniog than BPW.

IMO if you are a bit unsure about Rev, I would suggest a visit to Antur Stiniog first as the blue and red runs there are good fun, and the blacks will give you a better idea of what to expect at Rev.

scruff
    Free Member

Revo red freeride is pretty easy with decent surface and has good size well made gaps which you can avoid. The other tracks are more natural and change alot between visits but OK in the dry if you are confident on steep rocks & roots, some of the wooded sections are very difficult in the wet even with supertacky tyres & a DH bike & harder than anything at Antur & FOD. New ending area is very well judged for speed / gaps.

nigew
    Free Member

As already mentioned above The Blacks are steep, rooty and very slippery in the wet, I have done one run down The Mainline on a 160mm trail bike and it was hard work.
    However The Red Freeride and new red would both be fine on a trail bike, the middle sections, Ghetto and Mainline would be OK.
    I only take my DH bike there now

raincloud
    Free Member

It simply is the best pure DH venue I have been to in the UK. Fast uplift and run by great bunch of guys and gals.

In comparison to BPW and FOD it is much steeper, much more technical and warrents a full DH bike.

Give it a go, plus you can try and beat Gee’s time on Ffar side with the freelap watches they have there. {Or in my case see how much slower you are}

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Revolution bike park, how hard compared to [other places of your choice]’ is closed to new replies.