Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Reviving an old Recon
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

Got an old Recon 327 from around 2009. Possibly an earlier model, bike it came off was 2009, forks possibly some odd OEM flavour, 130mm and no damper/lockout mechanism aside from rebound.

Got migrated to my c456 build when I upgraded the big bike. Probably getting replaced anyway, but I don’t like to chuck things out. I did a service on it recently, and it’s made it smoother but the air assembly had a crack in the bottom bumper piece.

Trying to find the air assembly though. Spares lists I’ve found don’t cover that year though not sure the fork is 2009.

I have found an assembly like this but not sure if it will fit. Says 2010 and is 140mm. Not sure why it specifies it as a 9mm QR.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockShox-Air-Spring-Assy-SoloAir-Recon-327-335-351-2010-9mm-QR-140mm-R5444020-/200838858932?_trksid=p2054897.l4276

Other thought is if I can fix the air, maybe I can stick a damper mechanism in it too. Though the spend is getting perhaps not worth it. Though I like learning to fix up stuff. Wonder if it’s possible to stick a Motion Control or something in basic 327.

bennn
    Free Member

I’ve got some Recon 351 solo-air’s for sale, spares or repair. The lower bridge has cracked, but the air assembly, Motion Control damping system, and uppers are in perfect condition. 140mm BTW.

Just in-case you fancied experimenting..

Ben

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Reviving an old Recon’ is closed to new replies.