Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reverb Stealth – do I need to bleed after fitting?
  • razorrazoo

Fitted last night, which was a pretty painless experience. Trimmed hose and refitted button. Seems to be working OK but in manual SRAM say bleed button after fitting, is this necessary or should I be OK?

Murray

I needed to as some of the oil had leaked as I threaded the hose through the frame. If it’s working, I wouldn’t bother.

sandwicheater

I had to but I’m ham fisted and took too long/dribbled fluid all over the place (phnar!).

Others are a little less inept than I and have not needed to.

Time will tell. Just get out there a ride it.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i think my new one needs doing properly, it comes up really slow, but then if i turn the speed up to max it wont go down at all!

will a bleed sort this out?

honourablegeorge

There’s a video on the SRAM site, you just need to bleed the remote. Video showing the how to (complete with long, logn boring explanation) is less than 5 min.

edd

For what it’s worth I fitted one last night and seem to have got away without bleeding it. I did this:
    1) Un-thread remote from hose
    2) Pass hose through frame
    3) Cut hose to length
    4) Thread remote back onto (now shortened) hose

razorrazoo

For what it’s worth I fitted one last night and seem to have got away without bleeding it. I did this :
    1) Un-thread remote from hose
    2) Pass hose through frame
    3) Cut hose to length
    4) Thread remote back onto (now shortened) hose

Pretty much did this using the cable housing and red screw in bit to pull the host through, cut hoses while vertical so as not to spill fluid, don’t seem to have had any leak and it works in fast and slow modes.

As it all appears to be working as my (non steath) reverb on my old bike did I was hoping I could get away with not bleeding, doing a tubeless conversion tonight so only want one potentially frustrating bike related task before the weekend if I can help it. But if it will save more hassle in the future I may as well do it.

razorrazoo

Oscillate Wildly – Member
    i think my new one needs doing properly, it comes up really slow, but then if i turn the speed up to max it wont go down at all!

will a bleed sort this out?

Have you removed the hose from the post or the button or has this just started to happen? If it’s the former I guess a full bleed is in order. If the latter 😯

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

razaorrazoo – it was on a brand new bike so not touched it! if its something i can do myself then ill have a go, but if it means removing the seat from the frame etc then ill leave it to the lbs

so can this be done with bike as it stands all fitted?

razorrazoo

I think the bleed port of the steath is at the bottom of the post so you’ll need to pull it gently out of the frame (undo the hose from its clips etc). So a bit more involved than the non stealth version.

Loads of info on the SRAM site.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Stealth – do I need to bleed after fitting?’ is closed to new replies.