Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Reverb post problems on new Canyon bike
  • Painey
    Free Member

My new Canyon Nerve AM 9.0X arrived yesterday, pretty chuffed with it and looks like an awesome bike.

One problem though is the Reverb seatpost it comes with, my first experience with one of these. The problem is it’s stuck in the down position and pressing the remote does nothing.

I’ve spoken to Canyon about it who say they need to speak to SRAM and can’t do anything until they have the serial numbers and other info, which I don’t have with me at work. I’ve read before that they need to be bled when new in order to work?

Will this likely fix the problem or does it sound like something else? The manual specifically says don’t muck about with the air pressure inside it. Although I was tempted to connect a shock pump and see if this was the problem?

Any ideas as to what will fix it? Was hoping to ride the bike this weekend but can’t until this is resolved. The guy at Canyon pretty much said he couldn’t help apart from insisting they should come in normal working order.

Steve77
    Free Member

I got mine recently and had the same problem, bled it (twice) and it didn’t fix it. Connected a pump and there was hardly any pressure so pumped it up and it worked fine. I was really happy with it on its first ride but it’s lost pressure through the week and now is back to not working so looks like I got a leaky one 🙁

Toasty

Recieved one yesterday, it came with about 40 psi in it. Curiously the manual was totally useless and didn’t explain any of this. After a bit of reading around the net, I stuck 200 psi in it. All working fine now.

robhenry85
    Free Member

before you start bleeding it, try undoing the seat post clamp a bit! They can stop working if clamped to much.

zangolin
    Free Member

2nd robhenry85 – seat clamp will stop it rising if to tight. Also make sure your using some sort of anti slip paste/grease such as Finish Line Fiber Grip. Cuts down on the amount of torque needed to hold the post still etc.

variflex
    Free Member

Ive got a similar problem in that its losing pressure over a number of days. Its going back under warranty. There are a number floating around like it possibly.

batfink
    Free Member

As a general rule…. if something like that isn’t working out of the box, I wouldn’t tinker with it – just send it back and get a new one.

Painey
    Free Member

Got in touch through a friend to a Sram technician who just said pump it up to 250psi and see how you get on. It only had about 100psi in it so doing that solved the problem and it works fine, for now.

Cheers

passtherizla
    Free Member

canyon sent my pals nerve am to him with no air in anything…. I suspect that it may be the air pressure.

chrisw85
    Free Member

Hi, I got my nerve am 8.0x a couple of months ago. I’m onto my 3rd Reverb seat post. They are totally shit tbh. I’ve totally had enough of the bike and experience and seriously considering selling it….

wwaswas

is it just the seatpost causing problems?

whilst it’s a pain it wouldn’t change if you had an Orange with a Reverb would it?

Maybe just revert to a traditional post for a few years auntil dropper post technology stabilises?

purser_mark
    Free Member

Mines losing air slowly too. PITA. Would have sent it back if I hadn’t bought it in Germay, will probably try and service it instead.

Likely it’s just an O ring badly seated. Some good service instructions on the SRAM website (I wonder why?!)

wwaswas

SRAM warranty is worldwide so you can return it to uk service centre for warranty work.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Just like to say my Kronolog is still working ok. Just saying like.

chrisw85
    Free Member

The problem I’ve got is its like a marriage between the avid brakes… The Reverb clamp clamps the brakes and the gears to the handlebars. Is there a way around this as I’m sick of being without my bike for over a week at a time. These posts are a major headache.

wwaswas

You can buy different brake clamps

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Reverb post problems on new Canyon bike’ is closed to new replies.