Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Reverb (not stealth) dropper seals keep going…. anyone else?
  • 19ninety
    Free Member

So dropper post #2 has blown a seal … the same as post #1 did. First one replaced under warranty, no problem, this one will too I’d imaging as its the exact same thing again – sudden loss of and no longer holding any air pressure. Is this a common issue? Is there a better dropper post out there?

I go away tomorrow on hols and three days after returning I have the SDW100 … so was planning some riding whilst away. I can get a normal post in the mean time but want to know if I should give up on Reverbs?

RicB

Are you picking the bike up by the saddle with the reverb compressed? Best way to force air past the ifp seals…

This is the most common long-term reverb problem, and manifests as the post sagging approx 10mm when you sit on the saddle.

Although it sounds like your shraeder valve keeps blowing if the post won’t hold air. Have you added more air to the reverb, or just connected the pump to check the pressure? Just wondering if your pump might have a fault and it’s knackering the valve…

19ninety
    Free Member

Hi Ric, nope not lifted it by the seat whilst its in the down position. I had a little sag on the first post, then bobbing and it gave out. It would pump up but but loose pressure after one use.
    Current post has been faultless, no remote re-bleeds, etc, until today. Had hardly any weight on it either when it dropped all the way down 🙁
    Checked the pressure and it was zero, have tried pumping it up but nothing stays in … unless I go at it like crazy and 50psi will go in … and leak straight back out again.
    I’ve only used my pump on the posts once their has been a problem, not before, its also the same pump for my Revs which have been fine.

Maybe I’ll have to cough up for a Thomson 😐

warpcow
    Free Member

Sounds like the o-ring on the main seal head. If the seal head loosens slightly the o-ring gets forced out and splits meaning no air can be held. Piece if piss to fix, but you might as well warranty it if you can.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Reverb (not stealth) dropper seals keep going…. anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.