Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reverb issues
  • al1982
    Free Member

reverb has started loosing air pressure.

was working fine at the weekend, last night though the reverb wouldn’t return up.

added pressure to 250psi but it instantly drops too 100psi, but does now work.

tried adding air back upto 250psi a few times but could hear air escaping

reverb is 13 months old and has less than 200miles use.

is this a warranty issue or is it just in need of a service?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Try changing the Schraeder valve, if not that, then warranty.

legend
    Free Member

Pump it up and stick it in some water to see where the leak is. It could just be gunk in the valve whih can be cleaned up to stop you having to send it away. If it’s anything else then it should be a warranty job

al1982
    Free Member

~~Legend~~
    thanks will try this, but would be surprised if its gunk in the valve as the valve cap hadn’t previously been removed prior to last night

warpcow
    Free Member

In that time, with no service, it’s almost certainly the o-ring on the inner seal head. It tends to back out after a while and the o-ring splits. Not hard to fix with the correct tools (circlip pliers, vice, appropriately sized wrench and valve core remover).

Simple test is to see if you hear air escaping through the bottom of the post after you’ve pumped it up (which you seem to have heard).

al1982
    Free Member

In that time, with no service, it’s almost certainly the o-ring on the inner seal head

so how much would this be get done at a bike shop? or do I need to send it off to TFtuned or similar?

presumably if I had a go myself there will be a decent guide available?

warpcow
    Free Member

No idea about shop costs I’m afraid (actually, I could tell you it’d cost about 4-500 Swedish Kronor, but that’s probably not much use). It’d be the cost of the “Basic Service Kit” (about £7) + labour probably. I did it myself in about 20mins after watching SRAM’s excellent service vids and checking mtbr.

rascal
    Free Member

Watching this with interest…had issues with mine for first time last weekend too.
    Wouldn’t return after being compressed…bought a bleed kit after being told on here that was the probable issue. Yet to have a tinker…that’s this weekend’s joy!

rewski
    Free Member

Mine too, although it’s first gen and never been pumped up or bleed.

chris_db
    Free Member

They are very easy to bleed and the SRAM videos are good. Whenever mine have “gone” it’s been the top bush that has worn out; that’s a full strip down to replace. 🙁

Having said that Fishers warranty on Reverbs is excellent, they seem to have a no quibble replacement policy – probably down to the time and cost of repairing them…

muddy9mtb

don’t bother fixing it yourself, just take it back to the shop as it’s still within the 2 year warranty period. got reverb on both bikes, one has been replaced UW becuase it wouldn’t stay up correctly during normal riding and states in the manual if this happens return to shop. The other is now showing your problem, or has lost pressure, and will be returned to store shortly. Fair to say terrible reliability 😕 but couldn’t do without. The bleeding on these things is very easy however will not fix loss of pressure. As for servicing – have you seen the 4 part video sram did on youtube?? took one look and thought better

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reverb issues’ is closed to new replies.