Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Reverb is not returning. Bleed or add air?
  • Mugboo

I shortened the hose.

First ride it worked fine but tonight it’s return speed (its on the fastest setting) got slower and slower and it’s now given up and is stuck at the bottom.

Am I right in thinking that it needs to be at the top before you attach a pump?

Checking the air seems easier than bleeding it as a first step 🙂

legend
    Free Member

might be worth trying the air. Mine hasn’t been shortened but the return speed was always a bit slow (and seemingly getting a bit slower), check the pressure and it was around 60PSi! Funnily enough it works a lot better now 😀

wallop

Not sure about adding air but it needs to be at the top before a bleed. You can actually pull it up with your hands if need be.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

check the pressure and it was around 60PSi

Sounds like the beginning of the end, is it a 2011? Mine is on its 3rd set of air seals now!

Mugboo

It’s nearly new and according to bike-discount-de it’s 2012..

splashdown
    Free Member

Bleed.

Mine was doing this until I bled it – works fine now 🙂

Mugboo

Bleed makes sense since I’ve just shortened the hose. Guess I’m fishing for an easy solution..

Davesport

Have you tried it with the seatpost QR undone ? It’s possible to deform the Reverb enough with a tight seatclamp that it won’t function.

D.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Mine always struggles with the final 10mm or so. Not sure if its the way I’ve got the cable routed. Is there anything I can help it with this final bit? Always stops slightly short whether its on fast or slow.

Mugboo

Davesport, no, but then again it worked ok for at least 8 rides and I haven’t altered the clamp.
    I will try it though tomoz and let you know.

mtbant
    Free Member

I’d say add some more air in, thats what was happening with mine. However now it would seem the bushings have gone so It needs to go back for a service 🙁

variflex
    Free Member

One of mine is doing a similar thing. Its losing pressure over a 10 days period. So its back to Wiggle next week as it looks like its the seals.

Mugboo

So will I blow my pump up if it’s full of air?

Graham_Clark

Not unless your pump can’t handle around 250psi (potentially). A decent shock pump will be fine.

Trimix
    Free Member

Also check the post is clean and lube the seal with suspension lube.

Mugboo

Ta folks, I’ll give it a go tonight along with loosening the seatclamp.

Mugboo

Looks like its leaking from the shaft of the push button. Now where’s that thread about changing tyres.. 😐

I’ve emailed Fisher about spares.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Reverb is not returning. Bleed or add air?’ is closed to new replies.