Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reverb – fat boy question?
  • jasonm945
    Free Member

I have so far resisted the urge to Reverb my bikes as I am a tad overweight (read a lot) but I am entering/have entered a few Endurance events to try and get myself into a state of fitness (so the training has a goal).
    Question is, does the Reverb have a weight limit and if it does is it worth ignoring or am I just setting myself up for lots of servicing?
    So any other Heavy(er) riders out there, what’s your experience?

Thanks in advance.

Jay

qtip

Get yourself a Gravity Dropper.

batman11
    Free Member

18st here no issues so far with my reverbs.
    Ks on the other hand got 2 of them stuck down in my draw with blown internals

molgrips
    Free Member

How much do you want for two busted ks-levs?

Northwind

KS has a weight limit of 90kg for some of their posts but I can’t tell if the others have no limit or if it’s just not obvious. For whatever it’s worth for you guys, I had a KS totally rebuilt with new piston for £75- not cheap but probably worth it especially with a Lev.

Reverb isn’t that reliable but doesn’t really seem to be weight dependant, or really anything dependent- sometimes they work, sometimes they break.

Gravity Dropper is a really simple mechnical design and very reliable but a heavier rider will wear the plastic bushes faster so it’ll develop play quicker and need a service sooner. Pretty easy to do and the parts aren’t expensive, if you can still get them in the UK…

honourablegeorge

qtip – Member
    Get yourself a Gravity Dropper.

Northwind

If you get a GD, get one without multi-drop!

preciousmetals
    Free Member

No long term use on my 2 but I’m 19st and they’re fine. Really you are overthinking it!

otsdr
    Free Member

KS has a weight limit of 90kg for some of their posts but I can’t tell if the others have no limit or if it’s just not obvious.

Eventhough the German stores are still saying KS posts have a 90kg limit, there is no such limit according to a KS representative.

Northwind

Ah, interesting, cheers for the correction!

Bigmantrials

Since riding I have been between 19st and 20st (Finally dropped below 19st this last month) and have had reverbs for the past 3 years, never had a problem, first one was an original with a silver collar, had it for over 2 years, never touched it and it died recently when the bush wore through and scored the stancion. That got replaced with a 150mm stealth, had it for 3-4 months and no issues at all.

I love my reverb (well dropper posts in general) I don’t think I will ever have an MTB without one again!

rickmeister

Honourablegeorge..

Like mrs Rickmeisters, and she is 68 kg…

The post snapped across the holes

batman11
    Free Member

Molgrips if you are interested in the is posts pm me on.
    Carlfragle@aol.com
    Ok Carl.

thegman67

I have had a reverb for two years and it’s never given me any problems and I weighed over 19st when I first got it

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reverb – fat boy question?’ is closed to new replies.