Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Reverb, delay in dropping?
  • flaps
    Free Member

I got my bike in January and have done about 500 miles on it so far. It has a stealth dropper and I use it quite a bit, every time I have to put my foot on the floor I lower it and obviously use it for downhill too. Recently it seems to have got slower in dropping, initially it’s fine but after maybe 30 mins it takes a couple of seconds from the lever being pushed to it starting to drop from fully raised. Is this normal or is it an early sign of things to come?
    I did a full bleed yesterday, following the SRAM video and that looked to go well, but it still does it?!

tillydog
    Free Member

Sounds unusual…

Is the remote button still moving for those few seconds, too? If so, make sure that the hose isn’t kinked somewhere.

flaps
    Free Member

I push the remote in and hold it until it drops, releasing it when it’s down. The remote springs back as soon as I take my finger off it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Do you have the saddle all the way forward (or back) on the rails?. I had a bike that was a bit short for me, and had the saddle all the way back and it did this.

If not, I’d bleed again, you may have left some air in there.

flaps
    Free Member

It’s not all the way back but I don’t think it’s central. I’ll check tonight, that would make sense I suppose if the post’s bending slightly.

Strange thing is though I don’t notice it at the start of the ride, only once i’ve been out a bit.

Beagleboy

Am I being a bit thick here? Is the thing supposed to drop by itself? I press the remote then push the saddle down with my bum. I don’t think mine drops automatically when the lever is pushed and mine is only a few months old and has seen very little use. 😳 ❓

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

What beagleboy said ^^^

Surely there’s something wrong in the 1st place if it’s dropping by itself, do you mean it’s slow coming back up ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You don’t have to push it down, your weight is more than enough.

crapjumper
    Free Member

Have you tightened your seatpost clamp up a bit more than normal lately?

flaps
    Free Member

Like Nobeer says, i’m pushing the lever when i’m sat on the seat and my weight is making it drop, there’s just a few seconds delay between me pushing the lever and then the post starting to move, hence the question.

The seat clamp isn’t knowingly too tight.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve noticed with mine that the hydraulic lock doesn’t actually ‘actuate’ until the plunger is pretty much fully depressed, and the plunger has a good half inch or so travel. So the perceived delay is probably the time it takes for the plunger to be fully depressed, i’e it doesn’t unlock and drop at the start of the plunger travel.

flaps
    Free Member

Went out tonight with a few mates as the weather was nice (best part of the year this for me!) and did 22 off road miles from home including the Trans Pennine and my favourite route through the local woods. It included drops, roots, climbs and beer.
    Prior to leaving I had a tinker, I moved the seat to a more central point (it was a bit back) and the issue was a lot better, riding position was fine too! It MUST be down to where I’m sat on my seat as if I’m back it happens, if I’m not it doesn’t #Problemsolved? From my experience, if you don’t sit with your weight right above the post then the Reverb won’t work properly.
    To answer a question from above too, if I’m sat correctly as soon as I push the lever it starts to drop, it moves before it’s fully pressed now.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good stuff mate.

tillydog
    Free Member

#Problemsolved?

Maybe…

Is there any front-back play with the seatpost extended? If so, it could be that the guide bushing has given up, causing extra friction when you’re sitting off centre.

(2-3 months old sounds a bit soon for the bushes to wear out, but they have a plastic layer on the surface which can peel off completely, rather than wearing out – I’m pretty sure you would notice the play if this has happened.)

flaps
    Free Member

No play so far 🙂

tillydog
    Free Member

As you were then 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Reverb, delay in dropping?’ is closed to new replies.