Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Reverb bleed syringe to borrow (Glasgow)?
  • lornholio
    Free Member

A bit of a longshot: anyone in Glasgow have a Reverb bleed syringe I could borrow for a day or two?

I’m currently on the southside seeing family for a few days before flying out to Canada on a big biking trip and noticed that my Reverb was really slow when I packed it at home, so also packed my bleed kit to sort that out here (would rather sort it in Glasgow than have it on my mind and have to do it on the first morning of riding in Whistler).

Went to look it out now and I’ve only packed one syringe. 😕

BoardinBob

I have one. I’m in Shawlands. Drop me a private message

lornholio
    Free Member

Would have been perfect Bob, but just pulled the post out for a look and realised that the problem is down to a damaged hose :(.

So any recommendations for a shop in Glasgow that would have a replacement hose? Not sure if it’s specific Reverb hose or just normal hydraulic line I could swap the fittings onto.

Actually, if I can get a hose I might grab your syringe to complete the job Bob.

BoardinBob

Experience tells me you’ll struggle to find a shop that stocks a reverb hose. Dales might

https://www.dalescycles.com/

Grease Monkey might be another option as they do suspension

Home

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m out the loop with Glasgow shops these days, but if you give sprockets cycles in kilmarnock a call, they’ll squeeze you in and fit and bleed for you too.

15-20 mins down the M77.

lornholio
    Free Member

Thanks boys. Will give the above a shout.

The hose is damaged at the seatpost end (just before the Connectamajig), I’m sure caused by stupidly sitting on the bike during some pre-disassembly sevicing while the seatpost collar was a bit loose which caused the seatpost to slip down. So I’m wondering if it’s possible to shorten a Reverb hose at the seatpost end, which would do as a quicker & easier fix. Going to start a new thread now to ask.

May well still give you a shout about that syringe Bob, thanks.

iainc

+1 for Dave at Sprockets. I doubt any of the Glasgow stores will have one, Dales and Evans worth calling though.

lornholio
    Free Member

No luck at Dale’s or Sprocket for hoses or post-end barbs, but spoke to very helpful mechanics especially Stevie at Sprocket who talked me through the procedure to fit the new barb I just ordered from Merlin.

Will grab that syringe from you over the weekend Bob (PM coming), should be fine to fit & bleed myself but can always pay Sprocket a visit if I mess it up.

Thanks all. 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

lornholio – If you want a reverb bleed kit, and don’t mind popping down to Prestwick, I have a couple of them, and sold my only reverb last week, so you can have one.

PM me if you want it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

15-20 mins down the M77.

Does the OP have a helicopter? 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

To sprockets from Southside? Are you driving miss daisy?.

I’m 35 mins from city centre in prestwick, so reckon 20 mins is easily doable.

Gary_M
    Free Member

To sprockets from Southside? Are you driving miss daisy?.

You’re not going to do Southside to Bellfield in 15 to 20 minutes unless you

a) are parked on the motorway ready to go
    b) are doing it early on a Sunday morning

Bellfield to Sprockets is 5 minutes at least.

I live in kilmarnock and work in the southside. I live top end of Kilmarnock and it takes 15 minutes to get to sprockets on the a77.

Not that it matters anyway.

BoardinBob

Aye but you’ll be coming off at the Ayr road junction which is the road Sprockets is on. Coming from Glasgow/ north you have to come off at the belfield interchange and through Belfield etc.

Riveting stuff for the non ayrshire reader 😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

It makes an otherwise dull Friday afternoon pretty riveting 🙂

BoardinBob

“The Logistics of Kilmarnock”

stevie750

What about
    http://www.mugdockcountrycycles.com/
    If they have one I wouldn’t go now as you will just get stuck in traffic.
    30 minutes tomorrow morning

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Christ, you’ll have Gary ‘Steve Davis levels of boring’ M telling you 30 minutes is a nonsense in a minute stevie! 😆

lornholio
    Free Member

Now now, behave boys. Google Maps says 28 minutes from Giffnock (G46) to Sprocket.

Got a Reverb syringe to pick up from Mr BordinBob tomorrow and will head down to Sprocket if I can’t get a good bleed. Turns out I damaged the hose at the seatpost end after sitting on the bike with the seatpost collar loose so am also waiting for a replacement seatpost end barb to arrive tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks everyone for the help. 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Reverb bleed syringe to borrow (Glasgow)?’ is closed to new replies.