Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reverb advice?
  • dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve just installed a 2013 reverb and I don’t know if there is a problem with it or not. It is the 125mm drop version.

Basically, the post will go all the way down, but will not come back up under its own steam if it is compressed past about two thirds travel. The manual says this should go away after cycling the travel a few times, but it doesn’t seem to be happening.

Has anyone had similar issues? Is there an easy fix such as putting a small amount of wet lube around the top and cycling it in like a fork seal?

It seems like a quality item, so I am really keen to get this working absolutely perfectly. However, I don’t want to have to be taking it to bits before even using it.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

I reckon your seat clamp is too tight. Loosen it off a little and try again.

dantsw13

Use carbon assembly paste smeared on the post. Reverbs are sensitive to overtightening on the seatclamp, as are most dropper posts.

izakimak
    Free Member

Yep seatclamp is too tight. I had the same issue when i fitted mine last week the instructions said no more the 6.7nm iirc, in reality anymore than 3.5nm and it won’t rise all the way.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Yep, check your seat clamp torque, but also check the pressure in the reverb. Mine was a bit slow to return and often stopped a quarter of an inch short. I checked the pressure in it and it was only 150psi and not the 250psi it should be. So it was low pressure out of the box. Pull it out, and at the end there will be a Schreider valve. You can use a normal shock pump to check the pressure and top it up if needed.

dannyh
    Free Member

Seat clamp to blame 😳

Thanks for the advice, I was in danger of going a bit OTT with my fault diagnosis!

I’ll get some paste for it as I really want to keep it tip top.

Cheers STWers!

Now to manufacture a lightweight mudguard to keep the crud to a minimum!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

long shot but does anyone wanna swap a 100mm Stealth for a 125mm? ie, give me the 100mmm and ill give you this sky scraper…

dantsw13

Put it in the For sale section – I did just that with my non-stealth 2 weeks ago and got it sorted straight away.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reverb advice?’ is closed to new replies.