Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Revelation RCT3's
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any user reviews to report for me please before taking the plunge? how do they feel around the peak district? id be coming from some fox float FIT’s so just want to know if they are gonna be as good etc….

easy to setup? i know they have a fair few adjustments which scares me slighlty, as im use to just having rebound and lockout on my floats

anyways would really appreciate any thoughts on them how they have been performing shortterm/longterm hard to find any info about them on google

slinkybike
    Free Member

I can’t talk about how they feel in the peak district but I have been using the rct3 moco in some SIDS for the last 6 months and I find them pretty easy to dail in. You have only four variables to worry about air pressure (your spring) rebound compression (how quick they spring back) and regular compression which can be set at fully open going down hills rough trails / half open for easy trails climbing and closed for riding on the road paths etc. On top of this you have a low speed compression dail which you can add compression to to the open or half open settings to help stop fork dive and add some kind of platform damping to ride this is how I understand it works. When I race on them I tend to leave them fully open with a few clicks of low speed compression with a flick to the mid sitting for long climbs etc to stop them bobbing to much I tend not lock them out except on commutes or fire trail riding.

tomaso
    Free Member

As a Rev DP RCT3 owner I can vouch for the above ^^^ being a good description of how the adjustments work.

They are much easier to set up than previous dual air Rockshok Revs as they balance themselves between the positive and negative. My Rev Race from 2010 were a pain in the ass to set up.

I ride in the Lakes but venture to Yorkshire Wales and Scotland with them too and they work great. They replaced a set of Lyrik coils that I loved but paid a heavy price in weight to lug around.

I’ve got the dual position ones that are handy for steep climbs and really quick and simple to flick between. The same goes for the compression adjustment that can be done on the fly.

I’ve had them about 5 months and so far so good. They will be getting a light service next month to clean the muck out and change the oil.

Can’t say how they compare to Fox as only ever had RS or Marz forks.

Rorschach
    Free Member

rebound compression

😯

slinkybike
    Free Member

Sorry rebound damper or rebound damper circuit

philfive
    Free Member

i’ve had mine a month, i replaced a pair of fox float 32’s and these are much smoother, still trying to make my mind up on the threshold mode but it does help prevent the fork from diving on slow steppy, techy descents. They have been superb in the lakes and around the pennines. i tend to ride most climbs or flat with the threshold mode on and flick to the 120mm setting on very steep stuff.

continuity
    Free Member

I’m not so sure the RCT3 damping options sound wonderful. I didn’t like the sound of the Fox CTD system either. Loco seemed to like it though, and his opinion is worth quite a bit.

LoCo
    Free Member

The adjustability of the RCT3 is pretty good for a trail fork as the CTD will be I’m sure, save a bit of faff when you riding as you will be able to flick between open or threshold while riding (I don’t really use the lockout) and once the low speed is dialled in they’re pretty good to just leave.
    On a longer travel dh style fork I’d prefer the separate high and low speed adjustment.
    The manufacturers are trying to make setup simpler as demonstrated by Rockshox solo air systems that are being fitted in 2013 to the Revs, which I pre ordered a load of yesterday for August arrival. The dual air from this year sometimes taking a while to dial in to customers liking.

continuity
    Free Member

Shit it’s like a fscking batphone. Loco can you comment on BBMC w/adjustable floodgate + dual flow rbound vs RCT3?

LoCo
    Free Member

RLT Ti 2010 revs came with the BBMC (ti bodied) it’s basically standardish moco but in ti with a bit more control on the damping and a dual flow rebound assm.
    The RCT3 again has a dual flow rebound assm, but the valaving is slightly different (the 2010 model can be updated too) The DNA RCT3 Moco had an extra piston on the bottom with has a shim stack that is controlled by the low speed compression damper which gets it working better than the ‘old’ BBMC, it’s also custom tunable which is something I’m playing with at the moment.

Just saw the thread pop up last coffee break, haven’t been around much lately as alot of family and work stuff to deal with, all good stuff though now 😀

bigjim

The manufacturers are trying to make setup simpler as demonstrated by Rockshox solo air systems that are being fitted in 2013 to the Revs, which I pre ordered a load of yesterday for August arrival

Do you think it is worth waiting a couple of months for the 2013 models? I have some solo air Recons from a few years back and in a way I prefer the Dual Air on my Revs, but if this is going to be something more gooder….

philfive
    Free Member

Loco what will the custom tuning be?

I did my local ride with the threshold on tonight, had the low speed set 4 from soft, seemed very good, only set it too open on the steep downhill sections.

LoCo
    Free Member

Jim, it’ll just be the a small version of the solo air system on the Lyriks I would guess, although have not seen drawings yet. The dual system does offer more ‘tunability’ though.

Phil, the custom tuning will be adjustment of the compression as controlled by the low speed knob (although will be all speeds) there’s also scope for adjustment of the rebound beginning and end of stroke functions, it’ll take all factors into account i.e rider weight, use e.t.c

bigjim

Hmmm maybe I should wait then…

wurzelcube
    Free Member

For what it’s worth whilst I only have the Revelation RLs I think they are the best fork I’ve owned / ridden. Very plush and soak up everything without fuss.

The last two bikes I owned had Fox forks (only the open bath versions), the Revelations blow these away.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Revelation RCT3's’ is closed to new replies.