Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Revelate designs handlebar bag / sling thing?
  • RestlessNative
    Free Member

Anyone used one of these sling things?

Is there a UK equivalent type thing?

I will have panniers and rear rack on but looking for a way of getting some bulk / weight on the front, either for tent or sleeping bag and mat

AlexSimon

I just strap a drybag (containing sleeping bag) around the handlebars – seems to work really well.
    Just a couple of compression straps off my fat sleeping mats seem to do the trick.
    AFAIK nobody makes anything similar in the uk yet.

coastkid
    Free Member

i use a dry bag with homemade mount,

details here…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RestlessNative
    Free Member

thats quite an interesting setup coastkid, I'm gonna have a think about that, certainly gets it out the way of the controls

initially its for touring but something I can use for overnight scottish trips along with a rucksack would be ideal

euanr
    Free Member

I've made a sling thingie which works well. Hard to explain, but I'll try.

It's basically a webbing "belt" which fastens round the dry bag load (bag is held vertically against the bars), then sewn onto the "belt" at right angles (dangling towards the ground) are two straps . These straps wrap around the bars (either side of the stem) under the bag and over the top to fasten under the stem with a cam.

By going under the stem the whole thing tightens up and sort of cantilevers the bag off the handlebars.

Seems to do the job with minimal bobbing/swaying as you can crank it down nice and tight. 😀

RestlessNative
    Free Member

errr got any pics 🙂

euanr
    Free Member

Ha, thought you might ask that. No pics at the moment.

Will try to do some soon.

euanr
    Free Member

Better than a photo, it's like this:

The arrows are where the buckles would go. The red and green straps get fed through the loop on the base of the bag and through the drybag closure at the top.

MSP

alpkit airlock extra drybags have attachment points for webbing works quite well.

Ringo
    Free Member

I have those revelate bags and although expensive they are really very well made took quite a long time to get them though. You can fit a surprising amount in the saddle bag

merlintheyogin
    Free Member

I don’t know if anyone is still reading this thread but i contacted jon at buggybags and he is very keen to get this up and running. He has the know how, experience, materials and machinery to do so – i will be ordering frame bags, saddle bags (with dry liners) and handlebar bags from him for myself and a couple of mates and it sounds (no definite prices as yet as early stages) as though the prices will be very reasonable as well. Obviously the more of us that show an interest the better and from what i can gather these will be top quality, hand made bags with a choice of materials and the option for custom frame bags as well. Any input welcome.

merlintheyogin
    Free Member

Oh and i should have mentioned, he is is the UK!

nunuboogie
    Free Member

I would be interested in a frame bag if he goes into production.

Vortexracing

I will be interested in a large seat bag similar to the revelatedesigns one

like this

I’m fed up of commuting with a bloody rucksack 🙁

singlespeedstu

I’ve got a Revelate* Handlebar Sling Bag.

Used it loads of times. It’s a fantastic bit of kit with top quality design and executed to perfection. As are the frame and seatpost bags of Erics that I’ve seen in action.

*Epic Designs(pre Revelate)

jamest
    Free Member

Yeah a UK built revelate style saddle pack would be good will Jon at buggy bags be advertising on here?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Revelate designs handlebar bag / sling thing?’ is closed to new replies.