• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by cb.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • reunion & mauritius…where to stay (non biking)
  • scotia
    Free Member

just wondering from the well travelled of you on here…anyone been to these two islands?

going for our honeymoon and trying to find ‘smaller’ type hotels rather than big complexes..

Anyone got any interesting adresses/recommandations??

cheers!

skiboy
    Free Member

stayed there a few times, stick to the west coast north of Port Louis and below Grande baie, unless you can afford to stay at Le Saint Géran, 😯 , how much !!!!!!

the benefit of being on the west coast between the capital and Grande Baie is there is no shortage of places to eat out especially in the Baie, why go all that way and spend your time eating the same stuff with all those other fully inclusive guest, as i learnt the first time i was there, get out, its not as expensive as you would think, the people are amazing,the country is staggeringly beautiful, its much more than it looks on the white sand brochures.

a good place is around mont chosiy, have a look at this link
    http://www.elegantdestinations.co.uk/mauritius/accom_choisy_boiserie.htm

only a short taxi ride to Grande Baie or Port Louis,

there is hundreds of places to stay like this, also try owners aborad, holiday lettings and holiday rentals, all websites containing lots of lots of these villas and apartments to suit all tastes and budgets,

senorj

Me & the missus went with friends about 3 years ago.
    We hired two different villas -a week in Fond du Sac (near Grand Baie)
    and a week over on the beach at Roche Noir.
    We were put off by the big resort stuff – heavy security/ having to wear ties for dinner!!/people etc.
    We found the villas by googling villa hire.
    You will be amazed how cheap(ER) they are.
    You are then free to eat out dinner /lunch or you can hire staff to cook in for you if you like.

The food at Mauritius is amazing – you must try the street food at Grand Baie & The market at Flaqc. Oh yes ,after the food market in Port Louis I was a wafer away from Msr.Creosote!.

As skiboy has already said , the food all around the island is to an amazing standard and not too pricey.

molgrips
    Free Member

I worked with a bloke from Mauritius. Shall I ask him? 🙂

cb

I know nothing about Reunion but have been to mauritius twice. First to Belle Mare Plage (next door to Saint Geran) and on the way back we won another holiday to the Dinarobin. We tagged an extra week on back at the Belle Mare Plage as we liked it so much. We had golf as a priority though.

Belle Mare Plage is 5 star but not at all poncy. We had the half board deal and the buffet (laid back) was exceptional. Its not Benidorm style all inclusive!

Dinarobin was even nicer but a tad too formal for my liking.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘reunion & mauritius…where to stay (non biking)’ is closed to new replies.