• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • returning (or not) faulty goods…
  • MartynS

we bought a new radiator from an online company which turned out to be faulty, it leaked..!
    I contacted them to see what we needed to do, it took 2 emails before they replied, however when they did contact me it was to say a new radiator was being dispatched that day (it was a Friday, replacement due monday) and could we return the faulty one with the courier when the new one was delivered.

Immediately replied to let them know we wouldn’t be able to get the old Radiator off in time an suggested a new day for delivery/collection.
    Heard nothing, new rad appears on the Monday (we were out) so go to collect from courier depot.
    No mention is made here of a package to go back, and I’ve heard nothing from the company about the non return.

Long way of asking the question really but what is my obligation here? How long do i need to keep hold of the faulty radiator before I dispose of it?
    I’ve mailed them again thanking them for the very quick replacement and suggesting if they want the faulty radiator back they are welcome to arrange collection or if i haven’t heard back from them by next week I’ll assume i can get rid. Is that reasonable?

ta

geoffj

Could you phone them?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Package it up and ask what day they’d like it left outside for collection.

petrieboy

Phone would be best, but reading between the lines it sounds like that’ll be difficult

I’d email to say you’ll hold it for 14 days then dispose of it.

IANAL

kayla1
    Free Member

They’ve probably made enough on the sale of one radiator to cover the costs of the faulty one so might not be that arsed about getting something (that maybe can’t be fixed or re-sold) back. That 14 day email thing sounds like a fair enough thing to do.

CheesybeanZ

Was it a chrome towel rail ?

MartynS

No, stainless steel upright kitchen radiator..

I could only imagine they wanted it back to see how it failed, they’ve clearly lost interest!

IHN

I’d email to say you’ll hold it for 14 days then dispose of it.

This. And it’ll be easy enough to get rid of, you probably still have these guys in New Mills 😉

MartynS

Don’t joke Si…

We had a load of old metal kitchen stuff after the work was done. Put it down the side of the house with the bins until I could do a run to the tip.
    it was gone in a few days…

IHN

Ha 🙂

On the plus side, you’ll never be short of pegs or lucky heather.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘returning (or not) faulty goods…’ is closed to new replies.