• This topic has 14 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by rhid.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Returning a Bike to Wiggle
  • rhid

I recently bought a new road bike from Wiggle, It was a good deal and it looked like it was just what I was looking for. However once I got it out of the box I quickly realized it wasn’t what I was after and decided to return it.

I bought the bike using the V12 finance option as its was easily affordable. ordered on the 25/07 arrived on 1/08. I have 14 days cool off period on the finance which would be up on 09/08. I told Wiggle I wanted to return the bike on Sunday 03/08 and they have aknowledged this but as yet nothing has been done with them arranging to collect the bike.

I am concerned that this delay will push me over the 14 days period and that the finance agreement will come into force which would mean any refund from wiggle for the bike would be in the form of Wiggle vouchers, on which I would continue to make the payments on the loan. Also Wiggle do not really have anything I want so the vouchers would be a bit of a waste on me. I have also spoken to V12 directly and they are aware of my desire to cancel the agreement but this needs to come from wiggle after recieving the returned bike!

Can anyone offer me advice on this? Is my interpetation of the situation correct? Its a bit annoying that half the cooling off period was lost waiting for delivery! Wiggle can only be contacted via email, and while they have been responding its slow and time is moving on. I really don’t want to be lumbered with the vouchers as I know which bike and want (and should have bought originally), and its not something wiggle deal with.

Anyways sorry for the rambling, its a bit frustrating as the bike is boxed up in my livingroom awaiting collection!

Jamie
    Free Member

IANAL, but does the fact you have put your intent to return the bike, before the 14 days has expired, into writing cover you?

That aside, go onto Wiggle’s site, select the live chat option at the bottom of the page, and request to be called back.

rhid

I cannot use the live chat in work!! I tried, something about not wasting time on the internet and doing what they are paying me to do….I hadn’t considered the call back option though. That is a very good idea!

I would hope that they have registered my intent to return it so maybe a bit of leeway on the 14 days would be good.

rhid

Call back won’t work either as they will not assist in cutomer services issues! Good try though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Call back won’t work either as they will not assist in cutomer services issues! Good try though.

Well, that’s shite. In that case, then just ping them about 50 emails. 😀

If you can access Twitter, that might be another route?

Hmm. Say what you like about CRC, but at least they have a phone number.

rhid

yeah its probably getting quite close to that number at the moment!

I have given them my phone number, email, postal address, pager number. I think i am coming across as a bit desperate! WHY WONT THEY CALL!

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe they just weren’t that into you? 8)

rhid

They must think I am too needy.

ninfan
    Free Member

For belt and braces I would sent a letter via the post today, first class (even better with certificate of posting from the post office) to both Wiggle and the finance company stating that you wish to reject the goods under distance selling regulations and thereby rescinding the contract of sale and associated credit agreement.

rhid

I think I will do that you know. At least I will be covered in real writinng on paper (as opposed to emails).

Thanks

thegreatape
    Free Member

And cancel any DD with your bank?

GHill

Are you sure it’s Wiggle’s responsibility to arrange collecting the bike? I would have naively assumed that you’d need to do that.

Jamie
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s Wiggle’s responsibility to arrange collecting the bike? I would have naively assumed that you’d need to do that.

Wouldn’t have thought so. When I returned a bike to CRC, they arranged to collect it.

They may charge a nominal fee, tho.

hora
    Free Member

I have also spoken to V12 directly and they are aware of my desire to cancel the agreement but this needs to come from wiggle after recieving the returned bike!

Ring V12 again and explain to them that you have informed the retailer and themselves under the cooling off period and you will be cancelling your DD immediately.

I was told this by Barclays finance – I completed a online finance form and clicked the last button by my browser crashed. So I went back in the next day and re-entered. Ergo Two agreements. Barclays response? ‘Your contract is with the retailer- the cancellation needs to come from them’.

I asked to make a complaint and magically it was cancelled.

rhid

Wiggle will arrange for collection. I assume its because they have good arrangements with couriers who can safely deliver bikes etc, not just any old courier company who don’t!

I have written letters, been assured by wiggle that someone is dealing with my request for a collection and will call V12 later. All bases covered. Hopefully.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Returning a Bike to Wiggle’ is closed to new replies.