Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • retro fitting a gyro on a bmx
  • antigee

now i’m a bit out of depth – got youngest a new bmx a few months back and as was doing 100% pump track with a view to racing didn’t get one with a gyro – now doing stuff at indoor ramp centre and wants to spin bars – prob not good confident enough dodging scooters to go no brake picked up a gyro and the cables for not a lot but looking at forks only have a 3mm spacer below the stem – as far as I can see need a lot more room than that so cables pull ok? – so does that mean a new fork not cut down? any pointers to good diagrams helpful as no instructions with the one I bought

robdob
    Free Member

Does the frame have gyro tabs on it? (Cable stops to mount lower gyro cable)

antigee

Does the frame have gyro tabs on it?

no but the kit includes these and the frame is drilled and tapped to take them and they look like will fit fine

LoCo
    Free Member

Is he running a front brake? if not just put a longer rear brake cable and out on as gyros are a pain in the bum.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Have you got a hollow bolt stem cap as well? No point in running a Gyro with regular front brake cable routing – I’d do what LoCo suggests if that’s the case.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

+1 for longer brake cable. Gyros are a pain.
    You never know, he might learn too barspin/tailwhip both ways then. 😀

antigee

no front brake

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Run a long rear cable.

Personally I’d only run a Gyro on a bike with both brakes.

I say that, I did run a Gyro on a bike with both brakes for riding street, ramps, flat and stuff, but wouldn’t have bothered if running a more street / dirt set-up with only a rear.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘retro fitting a gyro on a bmx’ is closed to new replies.