Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • Results from idiet.
  • ton

been on the idiet for 7 days.
    starting weight was 22 stone 12lbs.
    not done any exercise at all, but stuck to it without any cheats at all.
    got weighed this morning.
    21stone 12lbs. lost a stone in a week.

cheers dave……and solo for the primal headsup 8)

scaled
    Free Member

Thats an amazing loss ton, congratulations.

Have you got over giving up the bread yet?? 😀

davidjones15
    Free Member

Excellent stuff, keep it up.

ton

scaled, yes mate, bread has been ditched along with all other things i see as carbs.
    no rice, pasta, bread.
    basically i have just been eating as natural as possible, veg, meat, fish, eggs and a few portions of pulses and nuts and seeds.
    i am gonna try and keep it up.
    i feel fanatastic on it to be honest.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Tony, any chance you can email me a link to what you can & can’t eat on it mate??

ton

nick, will do.

emsz
    Free Member

cool. keep it up. :mrgreen:

Rockdodger
    Free Member

Tony, any chance you can email me a link to what you can & can’t eat on it please. My email is in my profile.
    Thanks

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Thanks Tony.
    Email just come through..

Will read up on this tonight.

Cheers mate.

sturmey
    Free Member

well done keep it up, been trying to get under 131/2 stone for over a year just seem stuck, sorry for asking but can you send me the info also please.

iDave
    Free Member

fantastic!! well done mate.

don’t expect a stone to come off every week though and just keep at it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I still think it’s snake oil.

beej

Sunflower oil is cheaper.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Nice on ton 😀
    I’ve been going just under 2 weeks and am down 3.5kgs to 90kg and feel better as well. I thought bread would be tricky but I don’t miss it at all.
    My issue is that I need to be heavier for a sailing championship at the end of May, so I may start going to the gym to get stronger and then try to lose another 4kg in June, not been that light for a looking time.

BigJohn

Excellent news Ton. I started about 6 stone less than you were, and without your other issues but I’ve been on it since last May and I’m having no trouble sticking to it and finding things to eat which satisfy me.

Long may you keep going.

Solo
    Free Member

Ton.

My word !, thats a herculean start.
    Excellent, well Done !.

Like you, I see and read the numbers on the scales.
    But, in addition to weight loss I actually feel physically better.

I see a few comments regarding bread.
    You still have your day off, when anything goes, don’t forget.
    😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Good luck Ton

ton

i had my day off yesterday, until 7pm where i started my fast for todays procedure.

my list of sins were,
    2 pints of landlord
    some roast spuds with lunch
    a portion of apple pie and custard

feel as guilty as hell now tho……. 😆

Solo
    Free Member

Good luck today.
    Bet it’ll be over before you know it.

maxray
    Free Member

Good work ton. Fell off the iwagon over the weekend but back to the rules today. I do def feel loads better inside with the reduction in carbs. I often find the off day a bit bloated and guilty :$

bigrich

I went from 120 to 100kg in five months to December, and have been maintaining ever since with a slightly slackarse approach. If i go hard, I start to drop again and my stomach goes all flat which i don’t understand.

maxray
    Free Member

I say reduction, I mean reduction in certain types ofcarbs 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t feel guilty about the day off. You NEED the day off to make it work (in the long run). It’s part of the diet, not just a treat for doing well.

Losing a stone is impressive though! I lost a couple of kg in the first week.

I must admit though after what, 9 months of doing it to varying degrees of strictness (with a few off patches) my body’s response to it is changing so I’m learning and adapting.

Woody
    Free Member

You still have your day off, when anything goes, don’t forget.

I’ve followed a similar diet (off and on but always reduced carbs) for a year or so now and funnily enough many of the things I used to stuff my face with don’t seem that appealing. I also didn’t feel particularly well after a day of eating what I used to ie. chips, rice, bread, chocolate, so the ‘day off’ has been altered to eating only what I really fancy.

I think I’m re-programmed!

craigxxl
    Free Member

Ton, could you send me the link too. That’s a great start and a real confidence booster for you. Good luck with the Op later, hopefully your last.

nedrapier

molgrips, can you tell me a bit more about the changing responses, please?

my gf is on a fitness/health/weight kick (in that order of priority) at the moment and I’m considering suggesting this to her. What’s holding me back is a couple of reports of people needing to be stricter and stricter to keep weight from putting weight back on, and being increasing intolerant to high GI carbs. Although they might be a couple of reports, both from you?!

idave, Have you heard much reponse along these lines?

Thanks,

Ed

nedrapier

Althought if the changed response is along the lines of what woody describes, it only sounds like a good thing!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

ned – molly lacks the will power to do the iDiet. He finds excuses to eat chocolate. 😉

Different people do respond differently to food types though, and the body adapts to food and exercise in different ways. If I go too far down the iDiet route I crave chocolate/cake/fast-carbs like crazy. Teh other night I ate a whole bag of mini-eggs, 2 creme brules a bag of popcorn and a proper meal without it having any negative impact on my weight. I’m still trying to work out what to eat (in advance) to stop me needing to binge.

Keva
    Free Member

yeti, eat a large slice of ‘enjoy being a bit hungry’ 😉

Kev

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I was still hungry. I nearly always am 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

ned – not something I’m aware of. get on with it. as an aside, being intolerant to high GI carbs isn’t a bad thing considering the fact that they’re not exactly beneficial to health.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I was forwarded the info on idiet. I was considering not so much to loose weight but because of all the positive feedback on how much better people feel.

Unfortunately when I read the first thing about breakfast I realised it would be near impossible for me to achieve, as in the morning I have about 5 mins to down 3 weetabix and out of the door 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

pretty lame excuse FD. get up 5 mins earlier, or make something the night before?

ontor
    Free Member

ok, I’ve searched the forum, is there more info available somewhere. With all of the “i feel better” comments I might give it a go

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Tony, would also appreciate the link.

Cheers
    Paul

iDave
    Free Member

email me for an up to date version

zilog6128

I also didn’t feel particularly well after a day of eating what I used to ie. chips, rice, bread, chocolate, so the ‘day off’ has been altered to eating only what I really fancy.

I used to eat a lot of what I ate pre-iDave, e.g. bread/crisps/chocolate/sweets. That just makes me feel like crap now so I pretty much stay off those on my off-day. In fact my ‘cheat’ foods now are ones that would otherwise be considered quite healthy – brekkie is normally porridge with milk/honey/banana and I’d probably have a pasta/rice/potato dish for dinner.

pretty lame excuse FD. get up 5 mins earlier, or make something the night before?

Agreed, very lame. My normal breakfast of scrambled eggs & smoked salmon takes literally 1 minute to prepare. Otherwise I’ll just have leftovers from the night before, either straight from the fridge or nuked for a few minutes. Takes very little time or effort either way.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I must admit though after what, 9 months of doing it to varying degrees of strictness (with a few off patches) my body’s response to it is changing so I’m learning and adapting.

What sort of changed response?

nedrapier

iDave,

I originally thought of this for my gf. Her priorities are fitness>health>weight. She wants to get fitter for ski-touring,eats fairly healthily anyway, wouldn’t mind losing a bit of weight.

I’m generally pretty cycle fit, but planning to do a bit more on the run up to the ski touring. I’d like to eat more healthily (she’s better at that than me) but no need to lose weight.

Would you suggest any tweaks between her diet and mine, or is it a pretty good catch all diet? Is this your permanent diet? How do you tweak it for training?

Thanks again!

there’s a historical link to a google doc. is that the one?

iDave
    Free Member

I eat simple carbs during and after intense exercise, or certain sustained sessions. That’s my only tweak. And I have my free-for-all day on my hardest training day.

I don’t need to lose any weight but still feel better eating this way. Most people seem to, and it ‘seems’ to lead to an improvement in conditions such as eczema, asthma, high BP, high cholesterol etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Results from idiet.’ is closed to new replies.