Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Restaurants near Natural History Museum
  • dashed
    Free Member

As per title really – don’t get into that there London very often and looking for suggestions for decent food around Natural Hitstory museum. Birthday treat so nicer place rather than weatherspoons 😉

cardo

Can recommend Muriels Kitchen on Pelham Street… we only had coffee and cake but the food that was being served look lovely.

jekkyl
    kilo

bibendum?

geoffj

For lunch, the cafe in the V&A is worth a look.

flap_jack
    Free Member

V&A cafe has 3 rooms, all of which were designed by top 19th century designers, including one by William Morris. They are well worth a look for architectural reasons, and the food is pretty good too.

If the weather’s nice, you can also have a drink outside in the quad.

If you’re visiting the V&A I can’t see why you’d go anywhere else unless you were looking for a real treat (as noted, Bibendum).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lunch at The Admiral Codrington is always good. Also, dont rule out the Georgian Restaurant at that big Qatari corner shop on Knightsbridge.

scuttler

Bibendum

mangoridebike

Da Mario’s is a great wee Italian, about 5 mins walk away

dashed
    Free Member

Jekkyl – you totally crack me up 🙄

Cheers for the other recommendations 🙂

tomhoward

Flashy, this admiral you speak of, good for taking kids? I’m in That London in 3 weeks, hopefully a little more compus mentus than last time! 😳

mangoridebike

had a moment to find the website of Da Marios

http://www.damario.co.uk/

on Gloucester Rd, apparently it was Princess Di’s favourite pizzeria

it also has a dancefloor downstairs if you fancy making a night of it 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tom, depends on the time of day, really. There’s a restaurant area, which is very kid friendly, but a pricier menu (Very good, though!) and a bar area with really good pub food. Both have always seemed kid friendly to me.

Other good kid friendly places nearby – http://www.thebuildersarmskensington.co.uk/ Pretty solid all rounder, en route towards High St Ken.
    The Trafalgar – King’s Road. Same group as the above, and always had excellent service in there.
    As mentioned above, the Georgian Restaurant at Harrods is a delight. Really good buffet lunch and very much an experience for children, as well as being very child friendly

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, and re pizza around that part of town – Never been the same since Dino’s shut down 🙁

mogrim

Flashy, this admiral you speak of, good for taking kids?

The Deep Blue cafe at the Science Museum is pretty good with kids, IME. But then I’m a geek and like the Science Museum…

tomhoward

Cheers Captain!

Mogrim, that would have been my first choice, but I’ve been overuled by the 2 ladies (one of whom is 6…) I’m going with and we are taking a tour of the corridors of power instead. Against my will. Did the tour a few years ago, bored me to tears, despite an interest in the subject matter.
    rant over….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Restaurants near Natural History Museum’ is closed to new replies.