Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • restaurants in chester
  • mrmo
    Free Member

can anyone recommend some restaurants in Chester for tonight, thought i would take the SO out for a meal while i have some money.

Ideas please.

pieman
    Free Member

Hi Mrmo, Try Franks…eaten there a few times! Nice relaxed place with and reasonably priced but good french food!

si

geetee1972
    Free Member

Not lived in Chester for a while now but two places I used to like are Pastarazzi and The Harkers Arms. The former is very upmarket but very nice and the Harkers Arms is a great pub with a restaurant on the side. It's typical modern pub food – lamb, roast chicken, burgers etc, but it's really good and reasonably priced.

spacemonkey

We used to go to a very anonymous looking pub (on the A51 I think near Tarvin) that did brilliant Thai. Have had some good pub grub in and around the city too, but can't think or a restaurant I'd recommend.

Pembo
    Free Member

Moules a go go for Mussels obviously.
    Blackhouse Grill does a good steak.
    The Tap – local real ale and local gastro pub food

Franks but haven't been for a few years

fwb2006
    Free Member

Chez Jules, consistently the best reasonably priced place in Chester.

Home

flippinheckler
    Free Member
    hughjengin
    Free Member

+1 for Franks, Pastarazzi is overpriced and pretentious IMHO. Not sure if La Boheme is still going ? that was good, but I am going back a few years !

sharkbait
    Free Member

Harkers: Full of men
    You could try The Ship – go down Lower Watergate Street, across the bridge and it's right there on your right – very nice
    Good food at Oddfellows also on Lower Watergate Street (near the traffic lights)
    Blackhouse Grill – nice, I like it there
    Upstairs at the grill – if you both like steak then you have to go here, bleedin marvelous but expensive. Best steak I have ever had (Porthouse for me £24.00).

donsimon
    Free Member

Is Telfords Warehouse still going? It used to be OK for food and a bit of music.
    There was another bar a little further up Watergate Street from The Ship.

There's another bar off (I think) Nicholas Street, near the amphitheatre on the inside of the walls, I've forgotten the name. I think they do food!

How is it possible not to find somewhere to eat in the city that has the Grosvenor Hotel, Blossoms etc… 😉

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Harkers: Full of men

aye, usually me 🙂 nice beer! and nice bar lasses…

as its the SO you could always try the new Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill at the DoubleTree Hilton, and post up a review on here for us 😉

loup
    Free Member

+1 for the Black House Grill. Went there on Saturday, spent far to much money (cocktails 😀 ) and had some very nice steak!

If you want something a bit cheaper – Brewery Tap on Lower Bridge Street. Good local ale and excellent pub grub!

Indian – Gate of India on City Road (towards the station), always busy.

sharkbait
    Free Member

as its the SO you could always try the new Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill at the DoubleTree Hilton, and post up a review on here for us

Going there on Tuesday……. hungry already!

There's another bar off (I think) Nicholas Street, near the amphitheatre on the inside of the walls, I've forgotten the name. I think they do food!

Zizzi's? Nice food. There is another bar right next door as well but not sure it does food.

donsimon
    Free Member

Zizzi's? Nice food. There is another bar right next door as well but not sure it does food.

Nope, The Albion and it's off Pepper St.

Also, what is now where Clavertons used to be?

MrOvershoot

don simon – Member
    Is Telfords Warehouse still going? It used to be OK for food and a bit of music.

Yes still going fine, often call in on a Sunday road loop for a coffee & Cheesy chips 😉

uponthedowns
    Free Member

+1 for Telford's Warehouse

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You want to eat tonight? In Chester? Without a reservation? Try McDonald's… 😉

Diane
    Free Member

Franks for me too – probably a bit late now though 🙂

Ambrose

Telford's Warehouse 🙂 Happy days. I almost fell into the canal walking back to Upton once. I was a bit 'ahem' merry, shall we say.

saleem
    Free Member

Simon Radley@The Chester Grosvenor, is by far the best place to eat in Chester, nearly went to work there 12 years ago when it was known as The Arkle, Same chef though and nothing has changed as in standards, my mother lives in Chester and tells me it's still heads and shoulders above everyone else.

sharkbait
    Free Member

So MrMo……… did you go out?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

went out on a 48hr bender instead?

donsimon
    Free Member

Wagon and Horse in Blacon?

mrmo
    Free Member

went for a walk and landed up at chez jules,

genesis
    Free Member

Chez Joules is unbeatable for the money, though my current fave is Blackhouse Grill. The Ruan Orchid does really good Thai food too.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘restaurants in chester’ is closed to new replies.