• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Restaurant – Waterloo / Southbank
  • geoffj

Any recommendations? Not too fussy on cuisine or price. What ya got?

theotherjonv

Always been a bit disappointed too close to waterloo.

There’s a nice Asian place with fantastic views of Tower Bridge down by City Hall, one stop on the tube.

http://www.dimt.co.uk/

right next door is a Gaucho if you like large slabs of beef.

http://www.gauchorestaurants.co.uk/restaurants/restaurant.php?id=towerbridge

allthepies
    Free Member

If you’re that way inclined, how about the Oxo Tower ?

sam_underhill

I’ve eaten in the thai silk a couple of times, pretty good food.

bigyinn
    Free Member

allthepies – Member

If you’re that way inclined, how about the Oxo Tower ?
    Is that a euphamism for something else? 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dim T = McDonalds that has “just been travelling in Asia, you know, it was so inspirational”. Utter gash.

There’s a very good curry house on The Cut, IIRC. Not far from Evans, opposite a rather good pub. Again, I forget the name, but then I do try to avoid going south of the moat.

geoffj

Sod it. May just retreat to Wimbledon 😕

theotherjonv

Do you think? I enjoyed it. But i like gash too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, not impressed. I was also not impressed with Tas, which many people seem (oddly) to love. Maybe it’s just me, though! 😉

alfabus
    Free Member

bangolore express for reasonable and ‘bit different’ indian (more of an early evening, light, modern indian than late night boozed up curry).

Dave

theyEye
    Free Member

Anchor and Hope on The Cut or Skylon at the Royal Festival Hall if you want something a bit special. My office is at Waterloo and I’ve been to all the restaurants around — these two stand out. Not cheap though.

EDIT: Livebait should get an honourable mention too, I guess. There is also Cubana on Lower Marsh, but that’s one I haven’t been to.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Maybe it’s just me, though!

I think, generally, flashy, it is just you, yes.

cij100
    Free Member

There’s Ev just off the cut near Southwark tube station, which is in the same group as Tas but was nice last time I went. Canteen at the back of the national was good as well.

kilo
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Restaurant – Waterloo / Southbank’ is closed to new replies.