Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Restaurant recommendations in Birmingham?
  • d3fm3ch
    Free Member

Me and the Mrs are down in Birmingham soon for The Gadget Show Live. It’s also our anniversary so looking for someplace nice to get dinner? Any recommendations for a quality restaurant?

Cheers.

shadowrider
    Free Member

Purnells is an amazing place to eat, top notch food. Also if you like Indian food, there is a stunning place called Lasan, the chef has won quite a few awards for his food, not your usual indian fare.

lunge

2nd those 2 selections, you do need to book a good way in advance for them though. Opus is also good and not quite as pricey as Purnell’s. If you want something a little different The Shogun offers really good Japanese food .

jamj1974

Been to Lasans several times over the last couple of years. Went a few weeks ago and was not as good as formerly… Purnells always good in my experience.

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Oh, Lasan without a shadow of a doubt. We ate some of the Chef Aktar Islam’s food at a guest chef night at Northcote here in Lancashire… some of the best food I’ve ever had.

He came round the tables afterwards talking to all the diners, seems a very genuine guy with a passion for turning around the stereotypical attitude that Indian food is only eaten after 10 pints of larger.

As above, not your usual Indian!

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Sadly it seems Purnell’s is closed when we are down. Lasan does sound interesting. Will check it out quickly. Seem to require 3 weeks booking ahead!

Opus looks interesting but not quite floating my boat. 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

Ali’s Balti.

mazmcgrath
    Free Member

hey im not sure where I should ask this, but does anyone which is the best takeaway in Birmingham, there is reviews on the website but I dont really trust reviews.

Also do they mind people drinking in Handsworth park.We were going to order takeaway and have a party there. Thanks Maz

saleem
    Free Member

Simpsons, Turners, Loves, Hotel la tour, Edmunds, short drive, Mallory Court, where you could also stay.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

What about macro Pierre whites place at the top of the cube by the mailbox- posh steaks but real sense of occasion about the views etc

Edukator
    Free Member

A three-month old thread but I went to Birmingham a month back and remembered Adil’s. I failed to find my first suggestion.

JonBoy
    Free Member

Handsworth is an alcohol controlled area so no drinking in public.

JonBoy
    Free Member

The park isn’t a particularly good/safe one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Restaurant recommendations in Birmingham?’ is closed to new replies.