Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Respraying V8 Pedals.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Im buying ‘Coastkids’ blue on one frame and swapping over components from my current bike. Now Im looking at buying some MG1 pedals to go with the new frame , but also going to try respraying my old but In good order V8’s.
    Any of you lads or lasses done this before ? , If so whats the best method ?. Im presuming a primer then a hammerite type of paint / Spray .
    Any help would be appreciated..

martymac

u will need to strip the old paint off, down to bare metal.
    if spraying you will need a primer, then main paint, then laquer to protect it.
    not sure if primer will be necessary with hammerite though, perhaps someone can advise?
    when spraying, several thin coats are better than one heavy coat.
    also, make sure they are clean before you start with the primer, i mean like properly degreased.
    add up the cost of everything before you start, v8s only cost about 28 quid and you could easily spend that on what you need for the job.
    do it right though, and you will have something unique.
    mind and show us when its done eh?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

As a money saving venture, I don’t think it’d work. As martymac said, if you think that stripper, primer, paint and lacquer – which is what you’ll need for a decent, hard-wearing finish – cost at least £5-7 per item, then you’re already looking at £20-24, which isn’t far off the cost of new pedals.

If it might be of any use to you, here’s a guide I did for overhauling the pedals, since you’ll need to strip them down if you decide to paint.

stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks for your help , might give It a go as I’ll be buying new ones anyway. Three fish thats a very handy guide , well done.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Respraying V8 Pedals.’ is closed to new replies.