Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 204 total)
  • Respect for the departed
  • DaRC_L

binners + 1 😯 it takes shirkingtrackworld to a whole new level

aracer
    Free Member

VACANCY:
    Applications sought for new dog to chew the bone, must have 36 hours per day available, internet access at all times. Blinkers provided.

molgrips appeared to have started auditioning for that even before the previous incumbent left – did he know something we didn’t? 😉

D0NK

JY, along with others were coordinating a planned trolling campaign by email in the background

hmmmm

Tom-B
    Free Member

Was Junkyard the one that used to quote dozens of time per post? Seemed harmless enough to me….although I never really had any exchanges with him that I can recall. He did seem to take the internets rather seriously though!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

That’s a shame. Most of the time JY was fun to have a discussion with, so a pity he has gone. I am very surprised by what Mark reported. What is the point of that sort of stuff?

Back to the OP – that is a good point. Respect should be mutual indeed.

scotroutes

Or that something said/written in jest has been taken more seriously than it was intended. I’ve learnt not to use “subtle” in anything involving STW and/or the mods as it is too easily misconstrued.

yossarian
    Free Member

JY, along with others were coordinating a planned trolling campaign by email in the background

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Wow! Do some people have anything else happening in their lives?

aracer
    Free Member

Seemed harmless enough to me….although I never really had any exchanges with him that I can recall.

I had plenty, and can’t recall him saying anything I objected to – if anything he was actually rather more polite than I was expecting some of the time, and actually more willing to see other people’s POV than many on here.

Of course I can’t comment at all on anything Mark said.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I hope ST Towers have provided protective custardy to the snitch. I wouldn’t want to be him on a cold night in the internet… 😀

If true… wow. That’s a whole new level, as above, makes my pointless timewasting look better by comparison though, so, errr, thanks. I guess.

yunki
    Free Member

yossarian +1 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

protective custardy

Hmmmm, custard! 🙂

If there’s even a sniff of truth to Mark’s post (And i see no reason to doubt him so far, I mean, why post that on his own forum if it’s not true?), that’s rather sad.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Tutankhamen!

soobalias
    Free Member

mleh world receives another refugee

mleh has no problem dealing with self important internet ego chariots

fred lasted less than a week.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

mleh world?

yossarian
    Free Member

mleh world

its an alternative to stw with less posters but more swearing and in-jokes from memory. I didn’t know it was still going tbh

Northwind

I’m disappointed I wasn’t invited to the trolling party! What does a chap have to do? Perhaps I disqualified myself by owning a bicycle.

deluded
    Free Member

Talking of the departed – where has ‘Jamie’ gone? I miss his amusing quips. A definite positive on the forum.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow wouldn’t have put JY in the category of loony, people really plotting to cause arguments on a bike forum?????

Forgive me but it all seems way to far fetched

grum
    Free Member

10 year ban apparently.

It was not an individual post that served as the final straw rather evidence we were supplied that showed that JY, along with others were coordinating a planned trolling campaign by email in the background. ie. deliberately setting up threads to ‘kick off’ so to speak.. mostly with the explicit intention of winding up the moderators.

Really? Can we see the ‘evidence’? 🙂

Seems unlikely. I never saw anything from JY I would call trolling – unlike some others on here.

Pigface
    Free Member

Did all the e mail plotters suffer the same fate?

soobalias
    Free Member

what sort of evidence did you have in mind…..

To: rebellious singletrackers
    Subject: Op EndBell

Dear Comrades, the thyme has cum, unleash petty squabbling, All the best

that sort of thing?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Really? Can we see the ‘evidence’?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Actually, surely if there was a conspiracy to troll the board Kaesae would have posted a collection of 90 minute youtube vids about it at some point.

footflaps

Somewhere in the STW squabblers bunker….

duckman

Sheesh, like the gunpowder plot…only in April…and a few century’s later….

Junkie is the one in the foreground

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Well if the moderation here wasn’t so anal there wouldn’t be anything to react against.

Pigface
    Free Member

I think Cougar does a good job of moderating things the only other one I know of is Drac. Modding just seems random to me.

kimbers

i genuinely do blame thatcher for this

D0NK

Junkie is the one in the foreground

that bloke hasn’t got enough hair to be JY

Evidence?
    exhibit A topics started in last 12months 2 WTDs, 1 STW ride arranged and one thread gently mocking STW community, and on page 1 seemed to be going well and taken in the spirit I think it was meant, dunno if it went downhill later I.N.R.A.T.S and all that 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

STW; argue can kiss my ass (and the poster is invited to do the same).
    Edit; ah, it’s Fred. Still a cock then. Let it go, man. People don’t like you. My email is in my profile if fred would like to discuss it further.

I would suggest you could do with taking some your own advise

wrecker
    Free Member

I would suggest you could do with taking some your own advise

I haven’t given any. Pointless emailing myself, isn’t it?
    I’ll thank you to keep your suggestions to yourself, particularly where it doesn’t concern you.

soobalias
    Free Member

*emails self with stern words about continuing to read this thread*

duckman

Wrecker why don’t you and A-A have a fight? We could get Steve Walsh to ref 😀

footflaps

I’ll thank you to keep your suggestions to yourself, particularly where it doesn’t concern you.

You do know this is a public forum don’t you?

wrecker
    Free Member

It feels distinctly like a goading to me. Probably with the intention of getting me walloped by the banhammer. Also probably not all A_A’s work either….
    Just because you’re paranoid, doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you…..

Klunk
    Free Member

You do know this is a public forum don’t you?

how I laughed.

duckman

So who were the other members of the e-mail plot,or is Junky about to be exposed as having multiple log ins?

grum
    Free Member

It feels distinctly like a goading to me. Probably with the intention of getting me walloped by the banhammer. Also probably not all A_A’s work either….
    Just because you’re paranoid, doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you…..

What would you say if I told you I could produce emails proving the conspiracy?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 204 total)

The topic ‘Respect for the departed’ is closed to new replies.