Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Repressurising a KS post
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

My ksI900 has been in a cupboard ever since I got it back from those morons at superstar earlier in the year, clearly still broken after being sent for warranty. Basically not enough pressure in the post to get it to extend properly.

However…I just found this guide..KSi9000 rebuild which tells me I can repressure it.

Anyone tried this, I thought it was a sealed cartridge in there?

ta

mudsoul
    Free Member

I tried it when I had the i950. It did work but you really need to maintain a good seal on the inflation needle to get it to pressurise. Tricky but doable. Teflon tape around the needle tip, and ask someone to assist by jamming the needle in the pinhole while you pump.

tpbiker
    Free Member

how on earth did you find the pin hole? i cant see it. did you have the whole thing apart?

mudsoul
    Free Member

It is fairly easy to find in good light. I used a flashlight after cleaning out all the holes from grease residue. It does look different from all the other holes. The center will be darker.

I didn’t have the whole post apart as in the guide. Just removed the outer post.

kilo

I had this with mine recently and packing it with more grease by undoing the collar and putting grease in there(not loads but a cxouple of tea spoons worth) seemed to fix it

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is it the same system on a 27.2 lev?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Repressurising a KS post’ is closed to new replies.