Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Reporting CRC to the OFT?
  • ajantom

Not sure, need a few opinions on this.

I bought an item from CRC a week ago – a boxed Raceface service kit. Seemed like a good buy and discount, but nothing out of the ordinary. The description and photos matched up, and I didn’t buy it thinking it was a mistake on their part, just that it was a good deal.

Anyway what turned up was only a part of what I was expecting – 2 bearings and seals – in a plastic bag.

I emailed CRC to query this and included a link to the relevant item/page. I also (luckily as it turns out) took a screen shot of the original page.

3 days later and no reply from them I decided to email again, and also checked the CRC link……..the b*ggers have changed the item description and photos!

So, no email to me to explain their mistake or otherwise, and they’ve also taken the opportunity to change the item listing to make it look like they made no mistake in the first place.

I’ve emailed them to make it clear I’m not at all happy and am expecting them to get back to me asap.

So if they don’t resolve this who should I report them to? The OFT? Someone else?

Stuey01
    Free Member

Return for refund via their returns process?

Drac

Yeah just return it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

why on earth would you take a screen shot if it wasn’t “too good to be true”, there must have been some doubt in your mind that something wasn’t quite right no?

Drac

Yeah his post is a bit confusing, luckily I’ve taken a quote.

The description and photos matched up, and I didn’t buy it thinking it was a mistake on their part, just that it was a good deal.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I think the office there might be a bit busy right now, could you leave it for a few days?

duntstick
    Free Member

Andy@CRC will just sort that out for you………….Oh bugger he’s gone, best thing that ever happened to CRC, so who’ve they replaced him with as the friendly face of CRC, ah…………….no-one, silly sods!

ajantom

I took a screen shot because I am a cautious person who knows what big businesses are like! When complaining always back yourself up with proof. Simple.

No, I won’t return it. Why should I? I bought an item in good faith and want what was described. I wouldn’t be half so annoyed with them if they had emailed me back, said they’d made a mistake, and then offered a refund. But the fact they haven’t contacted me and changed the website smacks of underhandedness.

Ok, maybe I’m sad, but that really boils my p1ss.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah his post is a bit confusing, luckily I’ve taken a quote.

I don’t get what you mean. So I took a screen shot.

Drac

Why should I?

Because it’s not want you wanted.

Now let’s see you seen an item you were suspicious of, took a screen shot, ordered it and were truly shocked to see it wasn’t what you were after.

Do chase Ambulances when you not trying to get cheap parts?

Jamie I’m still not convinced so I’m getting an artist to paint you image now.

ajantom

😆

Knew I could really on STW for helpful and timely advice. That’s why I keep coming back.
    😆

5thElefant
    Free Member

I had the same thing happen with a camera place. I’m sure descriptions get cocked up all the time.

Just send it back using the normal process. It’s not a big deal unless you make it one.

neninja
    Free Member

They are in breach of contract if they’ve accepted your order, send confirmation and taken payment but not shipped the goods stated.

You have 2 options –
    1. Accept they’re less than honourable, get a refund and never use them again
    2. Send them a copy of the screenshot and point out that they are in breach of contract. Give them a strict time frame to ship the remainder of the items or you will serve County Court papers (this will potentially cost them £££’s in court fees so is likely to get a response).

CRC aren’t too hot on the PR front at the moment.

ajantom

Because it’s not want you wanted.

Now let’s see you seen an item you were suspicious of, took a screen shot, ordered it and were truly shocked to see it wasn’t what you were after.

Do chase Ambulances when you not trying to get cheap parts?

It’s wrong to assume – I only took the screen shot AFTER I’d received the wrong part and was sending them an email. Not before, because as I said I thought I’d actually ordered the service kit.

Why would I pay £15 for 2 bearings and 2 seals when they are cheaper than that individually on CRC?!

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie I’m still not convinced so I’m getting an artist to paint you image now.

It’s like you are speaking a foreign language.

As a result I have commissioned some out of work actors to express your theories in the form of expressionist dance.

Then hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Oh and just return it OP.

bigG
    Free Member

Seriously, the OFT because you’ve got an issue with one order? What’s next, declaring war on Tesco because there aren’t the right number of scampi fries in a packet?

Don’t suppose you thought about using the wonder of modern communication that is,,,, the telephone to speak to them about it before deciding to involve central government?

MTFU and speak to them, if that doesn’t work then take reasonable steps. I’m not convinced that Philip Collins has that much time on his hands to worry about your service kit made by a business that are in the process of ceasing to trade,,,

Drac

It’s wrong to assume – I only took the screen shot AFTER I’d received the wrong part and was sending them an email. Not before, because as I said I thought I’d actually ordered the service kit.

I didn’t assume anything but I did state you took it before ordering the part to which it seems I was right.

Why would I pay £15 for 2 bearings and 2 seals when they are cheaper than that individually on CRC?!

I’ve already answered that part.

As a result I have commissioned some out of work actors to express your theories in the form of expressionist dance.

Modern or traditional as I’m very fussy.

Drac

Oops! 😳

murderburgh
    Free Member

people on here never cease to amaze me

steveh

They would certainly argue that changing the item/link was to prevent any further confusion and other people having problems as any good retailer should do. I doubt they’ve done it to make it look like they haven’t done you.

packer
    Free Member

I got a papercut opening a parcel that CRC sent me last week – how much compensation do you think I could get if I take them to court?

cheez0
    Free Member

when did they start skimping on the scampi fries?
    the barstewards 😀

Stuey01
    Free Member

It’s all part of the great CRC Raceface bearing swindle. This is how they make £8m profit. The bastards.
    It’s probably in stock at your LBS, at a reasonable price too I’ll wager. 😛

Anyway, it’s all wiggles fault.

Btw, heres a photo of your thread:

Jamie
    Free Member

We’re through the looking glass here people…

dhrider
    Free Member

It’s all covered in the terms and conditions….

We put a lot of time and effort into describing and photographing the products we sell using manufacturer’s websites, catalogues, our own photography studio and often our own descriptions of the products. Although we aim that every picture and description is 100% accurate, mistakes do occur so let us know if you see or read something that isn’t correct. If you have purchased something based on a picture or description on the website which turns out to be incorrect we will be happy to replace or refund the product (unused).

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Information.aspx?TranslationLargeID=6#accuracy

In your case im sure you can send it back and they would give you a refund including your postage costs as it was their error!

Mistakes do happen in every day life, no ones perfect.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think expecting a reply is not that much TBH especially as they have had the time to read it and change the website description whilst ignoring you- not great customer service but par for the course from them of late.
    They should fess up to the mistake say you computer has malware

I would expect to have to return it and give them you credit card details to get your money back….best of luck

MrNutt
    Free Member

could somebody tell me exactly how many scampi fries there should be in a packet, I’ve a horrible feeling I’ve been cheated, I was expecting more.

Disclaimer: I am in no way advocating the consumption of bearings, seals or plastic bags.

bigG
    Free Member

Here’s a photo of a photo of your thread to prove that the terms and conditions are exactly as previously described.

Nothing has changed, you are still over reacting.

when did they start skimping on the scampi fries?
    the barstewards

They’d better not cut down on the number of scampi fries in a packet. Think of the children…..

shotsaway
    Free Member

Sale of Goods Act:
    *Wherever goods are bought they must “conform to contract”. This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

*If goods do not “conform to contract” at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back “within a reasonable time”. (This is not defined and will depend on circumstances)

So send the goods back to CRC, asking for a refund and any postage costs that you will incur. Send a letter similar to the one below and attach a copy of your screen print. You never know CRC may do something as a gesture of goodwill!

Dear CRC

On (date) I ordered a (item), which I received on (date). I have discovered that the (item) is not as described: See the attached screen print.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. As you are in breach of contract I am rejecting the (item) and request that you refund the sum paid to you of (£).

I also require you to confirm whether you will arrange for the (item) to be collected or will reimburse me for the cost of returning it.

I look forward to hearing from you in the next seven days.

Yours sincerely

ajantom

As usual round here some sense from some, a sense of outrage from others, a load of nonsense from a few, and a proper sense of the ridiculous about the whole thread.

😆

Glad I posted, it’s cheered up my evening no end!

Drac

I’ve had confirmation from Michael Bay he’s interested in doing “Reporting CRC to the OFT? – The Movie”. Hans Zimmer is interested in doing the music.

It’s going to be epic, explosions, guns and thumping sound track.

iain1775
    Free Member

I never ordered this huge box either I was expecting a small packet
    Anne Anne where are you Anne?
    Damn it wheres those two blokes off the TV with a motorbike when you need them
    Oh Dominic, leave those rogue builders alone we’ve got a bigger problem, a box the size of a house

FFS just return it they will refund your credit card……..:)

Suggsey
    Free Member

Should have bought a decent BB in the first place 😆

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Reporting CRC to the OFT?’ is closed to new replies.