Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)
  • Reported For Fly Tipping – This Is Going To Be An Eye Opener
  • monksie
    Free Member

I’ve been decorating the garden and the last job has been relaying the lawn.
    Having dug up the old turf, I’ve bunged it in the wheelie bin (6 times so we’re not talking major acres here) and I’ve taken it down to the nearby woods and tipped it.
    I’ve tipped it over a steep bank, in 6 different places, on to a wild woodland area, well away from any footpaths. In fact Sherpa Tensing could have used these steep banks for training.
    Last trip and a total mentalist comes out and starts banging on about fly tipping!
    It’s grass and soil being chucked onto grass and soil! You wouldn’t even know it had only just been put there on top of the previous soil, grass, dead branches…..
    Anyway, nutter (for that’s what he is) has reported me to the council.
    My house number is on the front of the wheelie bin and he’s followed me back to see what street I live on.
    Am I wrong or is the nutter wrong?

Junkyard
    Free Member

you IMHO but i can see why you did it

It regristers somewhere between a shrug and a shake of the head on my scale of give a shit

easyrider
    Free Member

Whats worse then fly tipping?

Super-Fly tipping ehhehe

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Its no big deal pay the £5000 fine and put it behind you.

wwaswas

on to a wild woodland area

and disturbed a SSSI, or the local spot where the orchids grow no doubt 😉

DezB
    Free Member

According to my local council
    Fly Tipping:
    The process of depositing waste
    materials on public or private land
    without prior approval is known as fly
    tipping.

Type of waste not specified, so I guess your busy-body nutjob is right. Technically speaking.

tracknicko
    Free Member

yeh that’s fly tipping i’m afraid mate.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

It’s garden waste, the council offers the facility for disposing of garden waste at the local waste centre.

You have been fly tipping.

monksie
    Free Member

I offered to shape it in to a Mancunia living lansdcape sculpture, he mumbled something about an idiot.
    I must be more off it than I thought. This is just grass and soil on top of grass and soil! I didn’t think for one minute it is fly tipping.
    Furk! Am I in trouble?
    Goyt Valley Way…..which on paper sounds worse than it is. Stockport end. No daffs were injured in the innocent redistribution of soid and turf.

Solo
    Free Member

Storm in a tea cup.

Wasn’t me guv.

Wheres the evidence ?.

Oh !, what ?.

That there grass and soil.

Hhhmmmm. Looks like its been there forever.
    Or perhaps someone else did it, like….

Get the message ?.
    Its all about the proof.

😉

richc
    Free Member

As Steve said, just pay the £5K fine and move on. The tips have bins for topsoil which is where you are supposed to take it.

Where I live now, the previous owners walked up the lane to dump there grass cuttings (from a 1/2 an acre garden) you would be amazed at just how big the piles are after 40 years of dumping it. I had to use a digger to drag it away from the garden walls.

Also outside the local gyypo camp, they have put up ‘no fly tipping’ signs, cheeky bastards.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I got told I was fly tipping for leaving a wet brolly outside my flat!

I can see why you did it, did you explain what you had tipped to the dude that followed you home?

Did you notice him following you? when in the past i have pissed people off enough to follow me I go somewhere else or just stop, and do nothing until they go away, or confront them.

kcal

to be honest, monksie, (Callum here – hello!) afraid you’re on the wrong.
    I guess the guy maybe thought you’d be making heaps of trips, maybe getting twitchy that your old fridge would be next (!) but yes, best would have been borrow a trailer and take it to local council dump..

Tiger6791

Whatever you do, don’t post any admission of doing it anywhere on the internet.

tracknicko
    Free Member

in goyt as well? its a beauty spot! shame on you!

crazy-legs

Simple solution is to put the neighbour in the bin as well and bury him under the grass and soil.

Two problems disposed of at once!

monksie
    Free Member

I saw him passtheriz….. but I just though it was my paranoia again.
    I’m going to have to get the meds. out and plead insanity again.
    I really didn’t think I was doing anything wrong. Bugger! I hate gardening anyway. I’m taking the advice of my learned friend Solo, as above.
    “put the neighbour in the bin as well and bury him under the grass and soil” and leave his face on show? That’s put that new thing in Newcastle to proper shame….
    Callum! How the devil are you?

DezB
    Free Member

Next time bury the busy-body-nut-job under the turf, in one of the ditches. Problem solved.

binners

Someone grab him! He’s doing a runner in his van!!

zippykona

Did he grass you up?
    Sorry.

richc
    Free Member

he’s not going anywhere that van is only 1/4 loaded.

bellys
    Free Member

Go back at night and move it that why when they come to look its gone.

Solo
    Free Member

Did he grass you up?

😆

sunnrider
    Free Member

What proof does the nutter have, If it´s just his word against yours then ignore it. He probably rings up to complain about dumb shit several times a day.

I was just talking about this to a mate the other day. Why do some people, after about their mid-thirties get bitter about everything they see? I realise that at that age you´re starting to find out that you´ve maybe missed out on a few things and won´t be the next david beckham 😉 or danny mcaskill.
    But, why so angry…about everything?

monksie
    Free Member

It’s technically near the Goyt. Well, right above it actually.
    My name is not really monksie….no worries on that one.

monksie
    Free Member

That’s not me ^ I have a full head of hair. Otherwise…. 🙂

tracknicko
    Free Member

errr the proof is probably the six wheely bins of shit in the woods, that under any kind of testing would match the garden full of shit at the OP’s house.

Solo
    Free Member

errr the proof is probably the six wheely bins of shit in the woods, that under any kind of testing would match the garden full of shit at the OP’s house.

Not happening, but nice try.

😆 😆

Tiger6791

Quick, the only way to fix this is report it stolen!

Just be nonchalant and say you suspect the nutter down the road has been digging up your garden up and making weird threats about framing you for something.

Anyway you thought it was getting a bit weird so thought best to report it…. :wink:*

*Can I just say that I suspect troll but not sure just yet…’tis a gud un

MrGrim

Have you ever taken a drunken whiz in your back garden? There might be DNA!

Cougar

Did he grass you up?

I hope you told him to sod off if so.

Solo
    Free Member

I hope you told him to sod off if so.

😆 😆

More cheese than Holland !.
    Great.

richc
    Free Member

What proof does the nutter have, If it´s just his word against yours then ignore it. He probably rings up to complain about dumb shit several times a day.

Apart from the fact that he was fly tipping, or would you be happy for someone to dump stuff outside your house?

If so, can you post your address as I have some rubble I need to relocate.

Tiger6791

Oh god, this could turn into a ‘Turf war’

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

monksie – Member

It’s technically near the Goyt. Well, right above it actually.
    My name is not really monksie….no worries on that one.

Your profile says admitting to a 6 wheelie bin crime spree on the Internet isn’t a good idea

Email steve.monks@gmail.com

Solo
    Free Member

I have some rubble I need to relocate

You could always use some special trousers…

Solo
    Free Member

Your profile says

Email steve.monks@gmail.com

PMSLMFAO

😆

richc
    Free Member

LoL, might take a while as its about 50 tons worth. Not sure how many wheelies bins that it but I know its around 6.8 routemaster buses worth.

Tiger6791

but I know its around 6.8 routemaster buses worth.

How?

monksie
    Free Member

“…steve.monks@gmail.com..”

You’re not helping me to relax, not one bit.

I’m going to say sorry, cry a bit and stare in to space. It get’s my teenage daughter off every time.

The wife’s doing her nut as well now. Apparently, she told me not to do it last night. I don’t remember.

I’m off now. My final statement? Shit!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘Reported For Fly Tipping – This Is Going To Be An Eye Opener’ is closed to new replies.