Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replica/fake team kits on dx.com
  • stoofus
    Free Member

Following on from from the fakeleys post earlier, I’ve seen the team kits on dx.com currently $41 for bib tights and top. Bargain of a price but can anyone pay testimony to the quality of the chamois/pad?

Cheers!!!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Yes, there isn’t any quality! My mate is a fan of the fake stuff as it’s cheap but quality the chamois is not… and the material is a bit see through too. ok enough but not anything like the gear it’s pretending to be.

geoffj

And what about it’s UV / shot blast protection? 🙄

julianwilson
    Free Member

Songing-machine off here has a fantastic far-east rip off mellow johnny’s kit in white, which leaves pretty much nothing to the imagination. Decent ‘team’ bibshorts always have a double layer at the critical ‘builder’s crease’ panel.

jota180
    Free Member

I have some plain stuff [really not into riding around like a billboard] from Monton and it’s very decent quality

PrinceJohn

I don’t understand the appeal of team replica kit?

It’s not like football/rugby/insert other team sport/ where you can go & support the team week in & week out & wear a shirt to the match to show you’re allegiance.

On a bike it just looks like you’re trying too hard.

stox
    Free Member

I don’t understand the appeal of team replica kit?
    It’s not like football/rugby/insert other team sport/ where you can go & support the team week in & week out & wear a shirt to the match to show you’re allegiance.

If you like a top – wear it. Isn’t it that simple.
    Why should somebody look like they are trying too hard if they are riding along in a Team Sky top for example… Maybe they like the shirt and/or they are showing some allegiance to the Brits – just the same as the people wearing the footballers shirts you mention. 95% of those shirts will never step foot in the teams stadiums!

thomthumb
    Free Member

On a bike it just looks like you’re trying too hard.

team top on black shorts is ok.

it’s full team kit that is trying too hard.

paddy0091
    Free Member

I imagine they’ll have the build quality of a paper outfit. Leave it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Replica/fake team kits on dx.com’ is closed to new replies.