Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • replacing the bearing on a praxis
  • turneround

morning, need to replace the NDS braring on the praxis, can anyone talk me through it, is it fairly straight forward :).
    cheers in advance

theotherjonv

I’ve just bashed out from the rear using a socket as a drift and with the cup supported on the open jaws of a vice. No hassles I recall.

Although remember that by pushing a bearing out you invalidate the warranty. So you can either have an in-warranty BB but with a bearing that won’t turn (and a bearing is a non-warranty item) or a working one that has no warranty. Bit catch 22 if you ask me…..

mikey3
    Free Member

Anyone know where you can get the plastic bearing covers for these?(top hats ?) i’m guessing they are not sold seperatly,i need a couple and tried taking off shimano bb’s and they don’t quite work.

hooli

Apologies for the hijack but…

How do you find the praxis? I am considering one to get rid of my knackered SRAM pushfit BB. As I have a spare set of SLX cranks in the garage, it should be straightforward enough with either the praxis or a plastic sleeve and hollowtech external BB.

BoardinBob

went through 2 SRAM BB30s in 6 months

Been on the Praxis for over a year now and it’s still super smooth

daver27
    Free Member

My original Praxis bearings lasted 2 weeks and 3 rides. thankfully its just a bearing so a simple upgrade and away you go.

km79
    Free Member

The Praxis BB I put on is great, bearings easy to replace and seem to last. Just as well I like it as when I installed it I must have done it up too tight because the bugger won’t come back off.

Mikey the orange rubber seals come with certain enduro branded bearings. Don’t know if they sell them seperatly.

hooli

Thanks, I’ll order one now.

turneround

cheers guys, will give it a go this afternoon

daver27
    Free Member

you can get the seals here

turneround

can anyone send me a link to replacement bearings, i thought i had some in the parts box but nope, cant find them

daver27
    Free Member

here

Filter by inside diameter of 24mm

you need 24 x 37 x 7 (MR2437)

turneround

nice one, all ordered

ta

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘replacing the bearing on a praxis’ is closed to new replies.