Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replacing spec enduro rear axle
  • sideshow
    Free Member

I’m fed up with the twist-really-hard-and-fail-to-get-undone-again rear axle on my enduro.

Is it possible to replace with this one which has a lever mechanism instead? or is there a reason why that won’t work?

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shimano-e-thru-e-thru-lever-axle-rear-sm-ax76-12-x-142mm-272025

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Thread pitch is probably the biggest issue.

sideshow
    Free Member

is the pitch different?

a11y

Try this

What Axle Do I Need?

Proved helpful when I was working out what axle I needed for my Genesis HT (different to my 2014 Enduro). From memory I think my Genesis has the Shimano axle you’ve linked to, so no, I don’t think it’ll fit your Enduro.

TBF I’ve never had an issue with tightness (or coming lose) of my Enduro axle.

sideshow
    Free Member

Thanks!

TBF I’ve never had an issue with tightness (or coming lose) of my Enduro axle.

I did. Rode it as it arrived from the shop which I assumed was tight enough. It subsequently developed play and then the freehub bearings exploded. Now I make damn sure I tighten it well, though sometimes fail to get it undone again without an old seatpost to use as a cheat stick.

Tracey

This years Enduro has done away with the leaver and its now an allen key job to get it out. The Stumpjumper has gon the same way. Its even a different thread to the looks the same DT Swiss one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Replacing spec enduro rear axle’ is closed to new replies.